Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2021, 06:31 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

The 'I am SO GLAD that I purchased in 2018' post...

...I follow on YouTube, one of the family, that owns and runs Haylett R.V. out of a small Michigan, USA, town, ...and he started about two years ago, making monthly to quarterly, consumer 'Industry Wholesale Transparent' updates, where he discusses what is going on in the R.V. industry as a whole, then he shows the paperwork (communication) between his dealership and all the brand manufacturers that seed his sales lot, and updates the YouTube viewer, of what is what in the industry, what ever increasing costs for raw materials, the major manufacturers are seeing, and how those ever increasing costs to produce a finished TT or RV is and will be affecting their wholesale costs to ship to the dealer(s).

He just shared that he has received another communication from all his 'lot' brands, that yet again, his cost to land a product onto his lot for sale to the Public, is going up again, another 12-15 percent. This is the FOURTH cost increase since January 1rst/2021!!!

He also stated in this same most recent 'transparency' vid. that some of his manufacturers, have stated (through the reps he intercourses with), that they have right now, a BACKLOG of over 800 unit orders that are backed by a buyer's deposit.

Folks, this is the state of the R.V. genre, today. It seems that more, not less, people are wishing to purchase/acquire their own TT/RV, during these times of C19, and it is my personal opinion, that there will NOT be a surge of TT/RV's to come onto the resale market, as soon as the so called,(yeah..right...if ever....) Days-of-C19, is past us....yeah..right...

I think, what we are seeing right now...folks..is the START of the Years-of-ONE-virus pandemic-after-the-other, and I think, again, my personal opinion, that RV'ing, that T.T.'ing will stay WILDLY popular as a means to 'control' the metrics of being out in public, where you are, what you are doing, etc...and that a campsite and its 'hard' boundaries that nobody...ever crosses, but the renters....is going to be a major consideration, when one takes to the road to travel. No motels, no hotels, no ships, no planes, no trains...

In closing my post, yes, there will ALWAYS be a segment of the population that WILL go planes, boats, trains, will go motel, hotel and whatever-tel....but for most, they will want to keep a 'safe travel segregation' distance, that TT/RV'ing does afford right out of the gate...

My 57 cents...

Glad we bought our Winnie 2018 1706FB in the Fall of 2018, yes, so very glad we got a great end-of-season price, that had not started the C19 price and availability escalator ride... Thank gawd!
Sun_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:55 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Glad we bought our 2021b 2108ds in October just before the prices went up. Had to search 14 dealerships until we found an in-stock unit at a dealership willing to negotiate price. Had to drive over 1,000 mi r/t, but it was worth it to buy in the low 20s. My local dealer wouldn’t budge on asking $7k more for ordering the same model; plus i would have to wait six months or more to get it. Sad state of affairs for today’s buyers. Manufacturers hold all the cards until demand slackens.
Old 04-18-2021, 07:26 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
Glad we bought our 2021b 2108ds in October just before the prices went up. Had to search 14 dealerships until we found an in-stock unit at a dealership willing to negotiate price. Had to drive over 1,000 mi r/t, but it was worth it to buy in the low 20s. My local dealer wouldn’t budge on asking $7k more for ordering the same model; plus i would have to wait six months or more to get it. Sad state of affairs for today’s buyers. Manufacturers hold all the cards until demand slackens.
Truly, it is my 'due diligence' personal opinion, that we are in the start of the 1960's/1970's era of renewed interest in Whole Family involved camping, such as my sister, myself, my mom and dad, engaged in with a seasonal T.T. site upon a lake, and with pulling our family trailer off our seasonal site for two 'travel' vacations above and beyond each weekend at our 'cottage with wheels'. In fact, lol...a very good couple that pretty well, camps with us, when we make the 'noise' to do so....laughed and teased us, to death...when we turned in our 8 person tent in October of 2018 for our 1706FB. They teased that were are not any longer 'truly', campers...but folks wanting a condo upon wheels.

Well.....let me tell you, that we just got news from them, that they just picked up out of New York...(they live in Michigan, a few miles up I-75 from the City of Detroit) a 2021 2108DS, and that over last weekend, they drove around Lake Erie, to get to the New York dealer, for pick-up and tow back home.

They LOVED their first 'cuddle' in bed, (with that wonderful furnace going) at a Penn highway rest area...and I/we simply can't WAIT to lay on the jokes, ribes, this, that...that THEY'RE GONNA GET FROM US...as to 'oh, we see you retired YOUR tent as well!"...LOLOLOL. Like I stated in my post, I feel there won't be a wane...but a surge of new owners...to the mix, but man oh man, I hope that fund-investors see the value of opening up new full feature campgrounds over the next ten years....or there will be a lot of people camping out upon their home driveways! Yep...yep....
Old 04-18-2021, 07:51 AM   #4
Site Team

I’ve seen the guy from Haylett RV post some dubious stuff over the years. He is in tiny Coldwater, Mi in rural Southwestern Michigan. I quit watching him, but that was likely 2-yrs ago. I guess he’s still at it but based on his past statements I, personally, wouldn’t give him all that much credence.

His dealership sells used cars, used trucks, horse trailers and utility trailers along with travel trailers.
Old 04-18-2021, 08:07 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
I’ve seen the guy from Haylett RV post some dubious stuff over the years. He is in tiny Coldwater, Mi in rural Southwestern Michigan. I quit watching him, but that was likely 2-yrs ago. I guess he’s still at it but based on his past statements I, personally, wouldn’t give him all that much credence.

His dealership sells used cars, used trucks, horse trailers and utility trailers along with travel trailers.
He seems to have quite the following, and those that have dealt with them, have come as far as from California to purchase, and I have not read of one instance of anybody saying they were cheated, or scammed, or whatnot. In fact, I am more than likely to purchase my next T.T. from them! I have not read in any forum of a negative mention of Haylett RV. That speaks for (at least myself) very loudly to the thumb's-up side to dealing with them. As I see it..

Here's one of those vids I have been following, folks:
I think if you watch this vid to the end, this dealer REEKS of integrity. My take, anyways...

Old 04-18-2021, 08:56 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

The surge of RV purchases is also going to affect the ability to find an RV park to stay in for a night or two. People are finding out that it is a lot cheaper to rent a lot for $500 or less a week, then the higher prices, taxes, and insurance of home buying.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:11 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
The surge of RV purchases is also going to affect the ability to find an RV park to stay in for a night or two. People are finding out that it is a lot cheaper to rent a lot for $500 or less a week, then the higher prices, taxes, and insurance of home buying.
Unfortunately, there will be a challenge to find a vacant campsite with the coming months and years, I fear. That is one reason that my wife and I are investigating the use of Ontario Crown Land, that you can boondock on for free. I am not going to punk around with the cost of charging the batteries with the 'sun', as well as truly having to spend a thousand on upgraded batteries, over AGM. We are going to buy our first 3,600 watt invertor gas/propane generator, that will power our current 1706FB Air Conditioner. That's our litmus test...get a generator that can handle non-stop, (if weather necessary) the running of our roof mounted AC. Done...so now we are no longer truly sweating out whether we will have a plot of land to hunker down upon, WHEN we want. Ontario Crown Land is multi-thousands of acres humongous. T.T.'ing is looking better by the day!

Post Edit: Just dropped the hammer on this baby! Cleaning up the free camping boondock 'loose' ends: I like the fact that I don't have to invest more than the $1,161.62 CDN I just paid (tax in) a few moments ago, including a Firman cover for it, and that I can use power generation at the trailer, at home, ice fishing, hunting, and even day picnics at the lake, ..any lake. With solar on the TT/RV roof, your entire investment sits on top of your trailer/RV, and that's it. Six months of the year, it sits there, in a non-use format. Not using your trailer? Not getting any (energy generation potential) benefit for your $$$'s unless you are. I can use my 'on tap' electricity at all life-style scenarios, especially with home mains failures that we all seem to see more than not! It's pretty obvious, that for myself, I think a portable invertor generator either gas, or gas/propane is a better power bang for the buck, to charge your batteries, to run your A.C, to run anything on, in, or around your T.T./R.V. Other's will have their opinions, of course! So, I just put my wallet, where my mouth was...lol! Will be excited to fill the oil, pour in the gallon of gas, and try this baby out! First test...running my A.C. on my driveway! Will report back!

Old 04-18-2021, 01:42 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Just a more 'as if you just bought the Firman 3650iR and from unboxing to getting it ready to run. If you have a 13,500 BTU A.C. on your RV or TT, this will run it, without starving or harming the A.C. upon cold start up. Best price of all of the offered brands (with all the wanted plug in features, that even the touted Honda does not have...the actual, and proper 30 amp RV plug in), with a 3 year warranty manufacturer's full warranty.

Yep, don't have RV park hydro? Just plug your 30 amp power cord into this baby, start it up...and enjoy your stay. Simple as that... humid sweat-dripping weather, or about to snow... Just bought mine, today.

Old 04-18-2021, 02:47 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Final tip, just did my oil recommended search, and for this generator, Firman recommends a good quality 10W30 for break-in and then onwards. Better yet, after the use of 10W30 to break it in, follow that up with a good 100 percent synthetic 5W30 for the rest of the unit's life. Thought to add that, and cheers!
Old 04-20-2021, 01:03 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Seeker View Post
Just a more 'as if you just bought the Firman 3650iR and from unboxing to getting it ready to run. If you have a 13,500 BTU A.C. on your RV or TT, this will run it, without starving or harming the A.C. upon cold start up. Best price of all of the offered brands (with all the wanted plug in features, that even the touted Honda does not have...the actual, and proper 30 amp RV plug in), with a 3 year warranty manufacturer's full warranty.

If you want to be able to run your RV's roof-mounted air conditioner (assuming it's at least a 13,500 BTU system), you will need at least an inverter-generator in the 3,000 watt range or higher. It takes about 2,800 to 3,000 watts just to start such an air conditioning system, but only 1,500 to 2,000 watts to maintain. Mar. 11, 2019

Yep, don't have RV park hydro? Just plug your 30 amp power cord into this baby, start it up...and enjoy your stay. Simple as that... humid sweat-dripping weather, or about to snow... Just bought mine, today.

added new material

Tags
purchase