Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hello, new to the IRV site, lots of info I am still looking thru. We have been RVers since 1998 with 2 boys and 1 daughter in a Class C, moved up to a gently used 2002 Brave 32V in 2004 and LOVE IT! Have had many great adventures, now planning to graduate to full-timers in next 24 months and looking to upgrade to 05 Adventurer/Suncruiser 37B plan, so interested to see opinions on these units for full-timers. Thanks!
gbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:20 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hello, new to the IRV site, lots of info I am still looking thru. We have been RVers since 1998 with 2 boys and 1 daughter in a Class C, moved up to a gently used 2002 Brave 32V in 2004 and LOVE IT! Have had many great adventures, now planning to graduate to full-timers in next 24 months and looking to upgrade to 05 Adventurer/Suncruiser 37B plan, so interested to see opinions on these units for full-timers. Thanks!
Old 05-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I posted this to the WIT forum but see you've also posted here.

Welcome to the forum.

I advise not getting the 37B on the Workhorse W22 chassis. Get the W24 chassis. The W24 will be hard to find for 2005 as it was an expensive option and dealers would not order it.

If possible look for a 2006 rather than a 2005. The styling changed in 2006 (this is the current styling) and the Allison went from a 5 speed to a six speed. In 2006 the 37B was only available on the W24 chassis.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:24 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Tom,
Thanks for the advice. Via this forum and others I have come to the same conclusion for our needs.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gbanker:
Hello, new to the IRV site, lots of info I am still looking thru. We have been RVers since 1998 with 2 boys and 1 daughter in a Class C, moved up to a gently used 2002 Brave 32V in 2004 and LOVE IT! Have had many great adventures, now planning to graduate to full-timers in next 24 months and looking to upgrade to 05 Adventurer/Suncruiser 37B plan, so interested to see opinions on these units for full-timers. Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome to the forum!

We fulltimed for over a year (and lived on a sailboat for over six years), so we have a good appreciation for living in tight quarters.

The best advice I can give you is to look for a coach with an absolute minimum CCC of 2500 pounds. Even with 2500 pounds of CCC, you will need to be careful of what you load. 3,000 pounds is workable, 3,500 is no sweat (unless you are a machinist and you want to take a lathe and milling machine along)

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

John,
Thanks for your advice. We DID end up getting our current 2007 Adventurer 37B on the W-24 chassis for the extra CCC. Am finally getting back on the forum.....we are READY to go camping in SD!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Canfield View Post
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gbanker:
Hello, new to the IRV site, lots of info I am still looking thru. We have been RVers since 1998 with 2 boys and 1 daughter in a Class C, moved up to a gently used 2002 Brave 32V in 2004 and LOVE IT! Have had many great adventures, now planning to graduate to full-timers in next 24 months and looking to upgrade to 05 Adventurer/Suncruiser 37B plan, so interested to see opinions on these units for full-timers. Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome to the forum!

We fulltimed for over a year (and lived on a sailboat for over six years), so we have a good appreciation for living in tight quarters.

The best advice I can give you is to look for a coach with an absolute minimum CCC of 2500 pounds. Even with 2500 pounds of CCC, you will need to be careful of what you load. 3,000 pounds is workable, 3,500 is no sweat (unless you are a machinist and you want to take a lathe and milling machine along)
John - welcome back!! I just posted to an inquiry about your where about's and told them you went off to your other forum - guess you're back here eh?

Good to have my friend.