Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Tech support from Winebago

I am sure this has been covered in the past. What is the best way to get support from Winnebago. We bought a new Sightseer in January. Didn't get the best walk through. Have a couple of questions, and would like to get some help from Winnebago. Doesn't seem to be a easy avenue.
Scott and T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:00 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Try this link.

https://www.lichtsinn.com/product/ne...r-36z-752412-9
Old 07-09-2018, 07:00 PM   #3
Site Team

Call Winnebago Customer Service:

(800) 537-1885

Super easy and very knowledgeable. I will say, I called once and got something that had no clue - but the other 2 times I called I got great information.

How do I contact Winnebago Industries?
Mail: Winnebago Industries, Inc.
605 W. Crystal Lake Rd
P.O. Box 152
Forest City, IA 50436-0152
Corporate Switchboard: (641) 585-3535
Service Administration: (800) 537-1885
Fax: (641) 585-6966
E-mail: [email protected]
Old 07-09-2018, 07:10 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, I will give them a try tomorrow. Little warm where you live right now? I am in Wisconsin until I head for Apache Junction in Jan.
Scott and T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:47 PM   #5
Site Team

Yes, the usual is mid to upper 90's every day from Jun through Sept.

We spend January in Tucson.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Scott and T
I think Winnebago will refer you to your dealer. The customer walk thru is an integral part of the delivery process and an important part of the user experience. Most people you will contact in Owner Relations are able to lookup information specific to problems you might have but your request seems more general. Judging by several recent comments by users here regarding interaction with Winnebago, the skill level of those answering calls appears to have gone down. Your best bet with any specific issues is to post here or at the IRV2.com forums. I belong to both but my own opinion is there is a much higher lever of technical expertise on IRV2 and a higher number of new owners here.
Another alternative if you are looking for general info is to talk to other RVers in a park. Almost all are willing and anxious to help new owners or those with a new coach solve their issues.
Good luck and enjoy the new RV
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:36 PM   #7
Happy Days in NJ

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott and T View Post
I am sure this has been covered in the past. What is the best way to get support from Winnebago. We bought a new Sightseer in January. Didn't get the best walk through. Have a couple of questions, and would like to get some help from Winnebago. Doesn't seem to be a easy avenue.
Welcome to the [NEW] world of Winnebago! I bought a new Winnebago Minnie Plus trailer a few months ago and had problems right away (falling shades because they were missing screws and improperly installed, missing toilet paper roll dispenser, very noisy misfit slideout, no user manual of any consequence (it actually doesn't exist for this apparently new design!!!), scratched countertop, no instructions on the double propane tank, overflowing sink (dealer did not know - and documents don't show - that these new trailers have a separate valve for the sink drain), etc. Anyway, the very respected dealer who sold us the trailer did the best they could - but apparently they too had no clue about these issues (and provided us a bad walk-thru). I spoke to Winnebago customer support but NEVER talked to anyone who knew much of anything nor could I get pointers to others. The dealer (2 hours away) was no better off as their calls for service advice (e.g. on the malfunctioning slideout) didn't get returned for long periods and got no better answers (other than "its a new design - call the OEM supplier" who NEVER CALLED BACK!). I dread the future - and would not have bought this trailer if I had any clue about the construction quality & lack of service info. from Winnebago
Pier Guidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:37 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Call Winnebago Customer Service:

(800) 537-1885

Super easy and very knowledgeable. I will say, I called once and got something that had no clue - but the other 2 times I called I got great information.

How do I contact Winnebago Industries?
Mail: Winnebago Industries, Inc.
605 W. Crystal Lake Rd
P.O. Box 152
Forest City, IA 50436-0152
Corporate Switchboard: (641) 585-3535
Service Administration: (800) 537-1885
Fax: (641) 585-6966
E-mail: [email protected]
Good answer. I use the email address all the time.
It helps to include your Winnebago product serial number and sometimes the chassis VIN number when requesting service or asking questions via email. They can call up the actual unit specific information to give precise answers.
I've always found that they're pretty responsive to email questions about anything to do with our unit. Some of the answers can get pretty techie, and some are simple yes or no, but all answers have been useful information.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 06:20 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Crystal

You can always make and appointment and take it to the Winnebago Service for the slide out problem. If they can't repair it there it can't be repaired. It may be a long trip but may be worth while rather than continue with the problem.
Richpet is offline   Reply With Quote