Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

We have the fabric lounge and the manual talks about being able to lock the mechanism to stop movement during travel. This would be nice for guests when in route. (I realize no seal belt is available but...)

I have looked repeatedly and find nothing that resembles the lock pictured in the 2002 Suncruiser Manual.

For those who know about it, is it handy?
Thanks.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We have the fabric lounge and the manual talks about being able to lock the mechanism to stop movement during travel. This would be nice for guests when in route. (I realize no seal belt is available but...)

I have looked repeatedly and find nothing that resembles the lock pictured in the 2002 Suncruiser Manual.

For those who know about it, is it handy?
Thanks.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Ron and Marsha,
We have one in our 04 Brave. If you tip (rock)your lounger forward, and look underneath, there should be a metal lever. If you twist the lever forward while the lounger is tipped forward, it should lock into place to keep the lounger from rocking while your coach is moving down the road. I'm not sure that it would be very comfortable in that position though. It's not tipped very forward, and to tell you the truth, I havn't sat in it with it locked. It might be okay. Good luck!
Old 01-26-2006, 01:20 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

For what ever reason my '02 didn't have the locking bar, my '04 does- same chair! We stuffed pillows under the front of the chair to help hold it in place as our dog rode there.

Paul
ppeter313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:19 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

My 2002 Adventurer also doesn't have any lock on the swivel chair behind the passenger seat. What we do is turn the swivel 180 degrees so its back backs up to the passenger seat and it is pretty much stuck there until someone wants to use the seat then turn it 180 degrees.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:41 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Our 01 Adventurer lounge chair does not lock in place either. When we took it to the factory for service the technicians made a couple of blocks from some c channel moulding. They cut 1 end of the moulding at a 45* angle and slipped one under each of the rocking mechanisn with the open side of the c facing up. It worked fine for 4 years. Last year we replaced the chair with a leather Lazy Boy. I made a similar set of blocks for the new chair.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:36 AM   #7

Lift the skirt up on the rear of the chair....A small black piece of metal will come down with a notch on it to lock it in place.

Thats the way it was on my last motorhome, a 2005 Winnebago Sightseer
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote