Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-23-2022, 09:32 AM   #1
Winnebago View 24D

Storing 2022 View

Hello.....new to RVing and despite reading a lot of 'stuff' I am still unsure quite how to store my View for extended periods (1-4 weeks). I have under cover storage and connect via a 30amp supply. Can I set the A/C to auto (albeit at a relatively high temp 80F) and leave the fridge on and expect them to run if I turn the house batteries off, or am I supposed to turn everything off and the only thing the 30amp connection does is to charge the house batteries (I have fitted a Amp-L-Start trickle charger for the Lithium-Ion house batteries)?

Maybe to expect the fridge and A/C to run I have to plug into the 30amp AND leave the batteries in the 'on' position?

Would appreciate any practical advice you can give!
Glenn B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 01:24 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Glenn,
I am assuming you store your View under a carport, is that correct? Because of that, I would get four wheel covers to keep the rubber tires out of the direct sunlight. I would also close the blinds and put in place a front & side window cover.
I do not have any experience with the Lithium Ion batteries and your charger, but for my Ford E-450, I just keep it plugged-in with the house power switched on, and I run a maintenance charger from a house 120 VAC outlet and back-feed the motor's start battery through a cigarette lighter power plug. I don't know if your dashboard power plug stays hot for you to do this, but I would certainly keep the coach battery on a maintenance charger as well.
I would leave the refrigerator switched off, and both doors open a little bit so it doesn't mold inside. I would shut-off the Air Conditioner and not let it run unattended.
Eagle5
Old 05-23-2022, 05:17 PM   #3
Winnebago View 24D

Thanks for that advice, very helpful!
Glenn B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
view