Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2020, 02:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Slide out question

How do I adjust my large slide out 2003 journey
Larrygann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 03:30 PM   #2
Site Team

There are many different slide out systems made by different manufacturers. So, first you need to know what kind/brand of system you have and then you can do a search for adjustment routines for that type.

Also, be aware that some (many) RVs have multiple kinds of slides in different positions. My RV has two different slide out systems but I’ve seen RVs with 3-kinds.
Old 02-19-2020, 04:37 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

You most likely have the HWH system for the bigger slides, perhaps something different on the bedroom slide. You can call HWH, they will help on their system.

You have to be more specific on what sort of adjustment do you need, in - out, up - down, etc.
Old 02-19-2020, 04:54 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I'm almost sure you have the HWH system. Go to rvleveling.com which is Stuart Services who specializes in HWH sysyems. Chuck is a very personable guy and glad to help.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:09 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

It would be helpful to know your model or VIN and what the symptom is. Front or rear slide? Was it working without issue and just began to have a problem? Could it be some kind of obstruction (something wedging between floor or sidewalls or as simple as synchronizing the motors? (front slide)

Though the systems are relatively simple, knowing which adjustments to make is critical; they are very precise.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:16 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Your best bet for getting some expert advice is to send a PM (private message) to azpete via the User CP messaging function. He's a Winnieowners member and an HWH employee who has been of great assistance to me and other Winnieowners. If you clearly identify your problem, I'm sure he will help you out.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 07:59 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrygann View Post
How do I adjust my large slide out 2003 journey
As an owner of a Winnebago Vectra 2005 and a Vectra 2009, I've found HWH in Moscow IA is the place to go.

Why?

Depending on which slide you're talking about, they've got the service personnel with tooling and knowledge to get the job done correctly. Some slides literally have to be taken out of the rough opening and supported with "jacks" while adjustments are being made.

Call, make an appointment. They have overnight hook-ups for their clients.

I stop by yearly just to make sure all of my 4 slides are in good working order as we're full time on the road.
vectra400 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out