Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2017, 09:45 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Sleep number

Was the sleep number mattress my 05 Adventurer came with the same size as the c2 queen sold for home use? When we bought our coach used the mattress had been changed. We are not looking to take the sleep number from our home and install in the coach. Seems it will be a VERY tight fit.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:36 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Is your bed in a slide? If so, it's likely it's a queen short.
Instead of the normal 60x80 it will be a 60x72.

Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:00 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

The RV sleep number bed IS a different size than home use beds. So it really is (home mattress) not suited for a swap out! However Parts will work, like the air pump, etc
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:10 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Yup. Our bedroom is a slide. With a little adaptation I think we will be able to make it work. We removed the solid foam piece across the head thereby shortening the mattress by about 4 inches. There is still some overhang at the foot but looks like it will work. I just finished installing a Whirlpool w/d set side by side in there. When the slide is in it scrunches the foot of the mattress a bit against the dryer and closet. But with there being nothing there but foam and air bladder, I think it is doable.

Thanks for the help Folks.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:36 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

As stated above, they are different size. There is a solution I have used twice to accommodate the longer length. Go to the hardware store and purchase a pair interlocking flush mount cabinet hangers. Cut a piece of plywood to the needed width and length to accommodate the mattress plus about 8" to cantilever the extension. Use the hangers to attach the extension. When not in use store the extension under the mattress. You should have enough give in the mattress to pull in the slide. If you are really tight, let the air out of the mattress.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:45 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVThunder View Post
As stated above, they are different size. There is a solution I have used twice to accommodate the longer length. Go to the hardware store and purchase a pair interlocking flush mount cabinet hangers. Cut a piece of plywood to the needed width and length to accommodate the mattress plus about 8" to cantilever the extension. Use the hangers to attach the extension. When not in use store the extension under the mattress. You should have enough give in the mattress to pull in the slide. If you are really tight, let the air out of the mattress.

I had just about formulated a plan very similar. We both run our number setting below 45 so yes it will squeeze fairly easily.

Thanks
Old 05-01-2017, 07:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

That r5 short queen set is presently on sale for $1699!!!! Now I am SURE I can make my c2 work just fine!!!!