Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-24-2007, 02:28 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

We liked our sleepnumber bed, never had a problem but we didn't crossa lot of mountains.

Whenever you have a problem with anything, ask who is in charge, at any company you call. Work your way to the top and don't give up. I would definetly call winnie, then sleep number and ask for the top dog...you have heard about squeaky wheels, be nice, be courteous , be firm. Ask for e-mail addresses and use them...Good Luck and Be Safe.
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:51 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

About a couple of weeks after this post I received a call from Sleep Comfort stating they wanted to correct the problem.

They were willing to ship the correct unit and pay for the return of the incorrect one. I would only be charged $43.00 for the price difference between the one I received and the one I should have received. I agreed and thanked them for their change of heart. My new pump came as agreed and it is installed and working properly

I am now a Happy Camper

I give the credit to IRV2, Winnebago Coach Forum, and the over 1000 viewers some of who made comments.

This site in an invaluable resource for us members.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:21 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

One other caution with the Sleep Number beds is in order. Our coach salesman told us there was an altitude compensation valve on them so that traveling through high altitudes wouldn't be a problem. We recently took a trip to Flagstaff Az (7000 feet elevation)and when we flopped into bed the first night it was like hitting a rock! Both sides registered "100" on the meter and the matress felt like it was going to pop any minute.

Further investigation revealed that there is no "altitude compensation valve" and the mfg recommends that the pressure be lowered to below 20 before traveling into high altitudes.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:41 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Nother case of "Salesman Said". Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:48 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally posted by RickO:
One other caution with the Sleep Number beds is in order. Our coach salesman told us there was an altitude compensation valve on them so that traveling through high altitudes wouldn't be a problem. We recently took a trip to Flagstaff Az (7000 feet elevation)and when we flopped into bed the first night it was like hitting a rock! Both sides registered "100" on the meter and the matress felt like it was going to pop any minute.

Further investigation revealed that there is no "altitude compensation valve" and the mfg recommends that the pressure be lowered to below 20 before traveling into high altitudes.

Rick
Rick;
Thanks for the reminder for everyone with these beds. Thankfully we were aware of the need to deflate before going into the mountains. We stayed at Camp Verde when we went through Flagstaff in March.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:49 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

We got ours from Monaco Momma when her and Sacs decided they didn't like it. I think they are considering another one (Sorry. ).

We really like it and MM informed us about the need to deflate prior to major altitude changes. I may add a MF topper to help with the harder edges but we like it alot.

Ther is supposedly another similar mattress company founded by the guys who invented the SN mattress...or something like that.

Here are some links to alternative companies to SN. If ours dies, we may try one of these.

http://www.regin-inc.com/air-beds/ai...rio-design.htm

http://discountairbeds.com/airbeds.asp