Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2008, 06:43 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

I took several hours (days) to run new wire and install the vertically mounted See Level II Model 713FT-Green tank monitor system. Everything worked the first time and the directions were easy to follow.

I removed the Engine Heater switch to make room for the monitor. I replaced the engine heater switch with a switch that has a warning light, the new switch was installed above the control panel because the romex running to the switch is short.

I had to trim out the wood a little for the new monitor. If you notice to the right of the monitor I included a 15amp fused on/off switch which is needed to calibrate the unit.

I like this monitor because it constantly shows you percentages of fresh-gray-black tank levels. In addition, it also displays LPG/outside temp; a combination of buttons shows house battery voltage.

This monitor is so quick and accurate that you will be able to see the display percentages of water volume in the tanks change as someone is taking a shower. Much better than the factory empty-full lights.

I chose the green display to match other lights on my control panel.

http://www.rvupgradestore.com/index....ion=PRODSEARCH
(type SeeLevel in product search)
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:43 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I took several hours (days) to run new wire and install the vertically mounted See Level II Model 713FT-Green tank monitor system. Everything worked the first time and the directions were easy to follow.

I removed the Engine Heater switch to make room for the monitor. I replaced the engine heater switch with a switch that has a warning light, the new switch was installed above the control panel because the romex running to the switch is short.

I had to trim out the wood a little for the new monitor. If you notice to the right of the monitor I included a 15amp fused on/off switch which is needed to calibrate the unit.

I like this monitor because it constantly shows you percentages of fresh-gray-black tank levels. In addition, it also displays LPG/outside temp; a combination of buttons shows house battery voltage.

This monitor is so quick and accurate that you will be able to see the display percentages of water volume in the tanks change as someone is taking a shower. Much better than the factory empty-full lights.

I chose the green display to match other lights on my control panel.

http://www.rvupgradestore.com/index....ion=PRODSEARCH
(type SeeLevel in product search)
Old 01-17-2008, 07:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Very nice install. See Level makes a great system.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:31 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Good job Gary. So much better than the standard.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:29 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Nice work Gary! How did the install on the fresh water tank work out with the extra long sensor?

Does that bottom read out show temp, and you push a button to show LP? Or is that the temp of your LP?

Sarge

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Hi SargeW:

Yes, the new sensors are longer and I needed only one for the fresh water tank. I was impressed with the styrofoam insulation around the fresh water tank and how that tank is protected.

The bottom display shows outside temp; push the button it changes to LP percent in the tank.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:30 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

GaryCa.....Nice looking install....did you get any ideas or help from anyone.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Hi Diplomat Don: Some guy in a 2005 Monaco Diplomat 36SKT drove by and offered some ideas.

See you in Quartzsite next week.