Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2022, 08:59 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

RV newbie, need assist identifying tanks

Hi there!
My family just bought a 91' Winnebago Warrior Class A. We just recently took it on the road and did our first dump station visit. Our rig has 3 tanks. In the manual it lists sewage as tank 1, grey water as tank 2, and tank 3 is the shower. During our dump station visit one of the tank valves was frozen and wouldn't open. I'm trying to figure out which tank it specifically goes to. The indicators on board say tank 1 is still full, which makes me think it's the black tank. My confusion is that the diagrams in the manual show the largest valve going to the black water tank, however it's the smallest valve that's stuck on my rig. Is there a better diagram out there for our specific rig or an easier way to figure out which tank is still full? Thanks in advance for any help you can give!!
Rein2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 09:02 AM   #2
aa1ssradio

The largest valve is the black water tank. The 2 smaller ones are for gray water as you said in your post. Also the sensors are known to not be accurate. Black tanks will often show 1/3 or 2/3 when they are empty due to the crud that builds up on them.

An easy way to identify the tanks is to open the small valve that will open. Turn on kitchen sink . . . If water flows out you know that tank and valve goes to the kitchen. If no water flows it goes to the shower.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 12:35 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

There are a number of good sites that Winebago puts online to help with this sort of question. Older units are not quite as well done as the older drawings were just more the paper style, where the newer get some really nice interactive type things. But we do what we have to do, so here is some help.

First it is always good to list what exact model of RV you have as there are two sizes of Warrior that year, so I will head you in the right direction and stand by if it needs more help?

Plumbing:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...m/Plumbing.htm

This can be hard to unscramble and there are times when looking at the "parts catalog" can add to the info by sorting down to the plumbing and drains:

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Then if it gets into wiring, there are diagrams here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

This is the basic info online but be aware that most of us still need to questions and cross check things, so don't be shy about asking more questions. Post up what size or model of the Warrior and we can dig deeper if it helps!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 01:35 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you so much! We have the 30EU model. I appreciate all the support and info!! Thank you so very much!
Rein2Go is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, tank