Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Question Roy Robinson in Maryville, Washington

Has anyone done business with Roy Robinson?

If so, please give me your opinion, facts etc.,.

Thank you, Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I've purchased two motorhomes from them. As far as I'm concerned they are great to do business with. You can PM me if you'd like And we can chat via telephone.
Ron
Old 11-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Snowwing: Thanks. I am waiting to see if they are serious or I'm wasting their time.

I will definitely be in touch if there is any possibility of a transaction.

Kerry
Old 11-24-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I had a bad experience with a sales person at RRobinson. Everything was fine until we talked money. He told me to go purchase my View somewhere else...i did!
i have had my 2010 View there for warranty work with so so results. Last time I had my MH there, a few weeks ago, they did do a good job. I would give them a "B" for service and a "D" for Sales!
Of course this is my experience..others have had better or even worse!
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:17 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I physically visited two different Winnebago dealers and solicited bids from three other Winnebago Dealers via email when we were in the market to upgrade from our travel trailer. Dave in Sales at Roy Robinson responded with the most competitive offer of everyone contacted. They offered essentially the same for the trade-in as the others and honored their quoted price with absolutely no game playing. The sale, delivery and new owner coach orientation were handled very thoroughly and professionally. No complaints what so ever about the sales and delivery. I have not gone back for any dealer service so I can't comment on that aspect. However, I have called the service manager many times with questions and have always been given timely and accurate information to resolve my problems or questions. I had one Thetford toilet warranty problem in which Robinson procured the water valve for me and I changed the part myself in a matter of minutes instead of driving to their shop to have the work done. Count me as a satisfied customer.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I puchased my MH at RR (3 years ago) and found them very honest and reasonable to work with. I am from Idaho and have not used them for service. As a manner of fact, my coach has never been to a dealer for service since the purchase. Ah, the advantages of purchasing a 1 year old, 4000 mile coach. Let the original buyer work the bugs out, and take the first year depreciation hit.

Dave
Shuffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:18 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I have purchased my last two motor homes from them and wouldn't hesitate to buy my next one from them. John, Darren and Dave in Sales are great people and that is not easy given their line of work. Ken and Amy in Service are outstanding! Any difficulty I have had with repairs have been on my part from lack of communication. Their service in not cheap and sometimes difficult to schedule due to demand but they are always willing to do what they can.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:22 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Our sales experience was positive. They are the Costco Winnebago dealer for the northwest. Since this was our first MH we had lots of questions and all were answered. The delivery (walk-through) was excellent - perhaps too much information to absorb in one shot - but excellent none the less. Service has been okay. Ken and Amy are very good at explaining what and when. Getting an appointment can be a challenge because they are so busy. I think that is a good thing - people don't line up for service at a dealer who does a bad job. We also purchased our Subaru from them at the same time and are happy with that side of their business as well.
McCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Are they a car dealer who sells MH on the side? What is their main business?

Or is it anything on wheels. The replies so far have been thoughtful, thanks.

Kerry
Old 11-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #10

We done a lot of shopping; for our Motorhome Called them up with a price that was 5% lower then the other dealer I gave him a day; They called me back and beat the price;; we bought the vector; SERVICE;; we were going to the North west reg, Had things loaded OPPs the frig went warm. I called Dave in service, He said it was 3 weeks sch; I told him the situation that we were in route to Moses lake. He ashed how soon I could have it there I said 30 min; This was on Tuesday, We took it to them the next morning, He called said it would be ready By 10;00 am; They did recieve a bonus; I have had them do much work For me , I can truley say after 7 Motorhomes haveing them do most of our work. They have allways gone above and beyone the needed workmenship required, In service, Ken H. Amy,And Dave are tops. Life is good.. But, Better with Friends ;;
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:37 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Bought our '06 Meridian from Dave @ Robinson and had zero issues with him, accounting, or the service/ walk-through guys. They were $18k cheaper than anything in So. Cal for the exact same coach. So.. I flew me and a friend up to Seattle, and we had a great time on the return trip. Do it again in a heartbeat. The Mike Thompson's (and all the other RV clowns) of the world would do well to take lessons on how to run a business from them.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Thank you everybody who replied. I have received the message. Overall they are someone to deal with.

Thanks again, Kerry
Old 11-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #13

They are two seperate, Entates the car/truck devision; and the RV. devision They opperate independently of each other;; You want a RV youcan only deal with the RV. devision. You want a tow car that is the Car devision.. IT works best that way;; They are Tops.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #14
Winnebago Watcher

We purchased our Journey from a different dealer but I have taken it to Roy Robinson for warranty service. They did a great job with no questions asked. Fixed a leak around the windshield, leak around the electrical compartment and problems with the leveling jacks. All of the service folks were great to deal with.
Kodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #15

Roy Robinson, Marysville Wa,I stopped in there in mid December;; Never know what santa may have in mind;;I was supprised at what I saw, There were employees everywere; I asked Ken Hopp; What the heck is going on; How are things going;; His statement was;; We are working 10 hour days and 6 days a week; As busy as in the summer rush, In my mind ;;If they do shuddy work would they be that busy ?; While others are closing shop they are expanding;; Answer me Why.. tho We did not buy. it is in the future;; My hat is off to Roy Robinson, They are good/fair. And treat you with respect;;