Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2017, 06:34 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Roadside Extended Service Plan

Wife and I just bought a 2015 Winnebago/Itasca Spirit Silver edition 28.5 foot MH with just under 12,000 miles on it. It is on a 2014 Ford E-450 Super Duty chassis. We would like input on the Good Sam Extended Service Plan we are considering. The agent has explained it includes lots of coverage including "wear and tear" and "hundreds of mechanical items and their components." The annual fee is $677.00 per year. This rate will be "locked in" for 5 years. For an additional $89.00 per year we can tire coverage. We will be traveling to Alaska next summer. I'm at the age where crawling under an RV and climbing onto the roof are out of the question. Given all this, does the annual premium seem reasonable? What are your thoughts on the tire coverage price? Thanks for helping these Newbies!

Bigskyline
bigskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:04 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

My experience with Good Sam has been positive. Other companies have been quick to deny claims while Good Sam asks the right questions and pays the bills. Vendors are happy with GS and the tire coverage is well worth the price. My $89 coverage paid $1200 (2 tires). They've got my vote!

Phil
Old 10-09-2017, 07:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Roadside extended Service plan

pyoots,

Thank you for taking the time to help.

Best,

Bigskyline
Old 10-21-2017, 08:48 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

You'll find folks loving or hating GS Extended Service Plan. From my experience, you'll find more horror stories than good news stories. The same situation for service at Camping World. I advise doing a good search on the forums before you make your decision. FYI, Winnebago also has partnered with Coach-Net to offer an extended service plan. Contact Winny or Coach-Net for a quote. One of the best spoken of, is Wholesale Warranties. Not the cheapest but generally spoken highly of. Good luck and safe travels.
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

ESP

Thanks, Floridakamper.

We ended up with Good Sam. I guess time will tell how it works for us.

Bigskyline
Old 10-25-2017, 08:50 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I had Good Sam ESP for the first year in my used coach. When the A/V compressor needed to be replaced it was a total hassle. They would only cover a rebuilt unit and wouldn't cover the receiver dryer which is necessary to be replaced per Ford when a compressor is done. Needless to say I paid out of pocket for both to the tune of several hundred dollars. My mechanic had to make multiple calls to them and argue on my behalf but that was the best they would do. I did not renew the plan. Also be advised that anything that goes wrong with the body of the coach won't be covered, I.e., roof problems, leaks, delamination, etc. Pay attention to what they won't cover and good luck with your coach.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:35 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We use Wholesale Warranty - two different coaches - and we just purchased it for our 2016 Winnebago Sightseer. They will beat others' prices and we have always had good luck.
Hardroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:19 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskyline View Post
Wife and I just bought a 2015 Winnebago/Itasca Spirit Silver edition 28.5 foot MH with just under 12,000 miles on it. It is on a 2014 Ford E-450 Super Duty chassis. We would like input on the Good Sam Extended Service Plan we are considering. The agent has explained it includes lots of coverage including "wear and tear" and "hundreds of mechanical items and their components." The annual fee is $677.00 per year. This rate will be "locked in" for 5 years. For an additional $89.00 per year we can tire coverage. We will be traveling to Alaska next summer. I'm at the age where crawling under an RV and climbing onto the roof are out of the question. Given all this, does the annual premium seem reasonable? What are your thoughts on the tire coverage price? Thanks for helping these Newbies!

Bigskyline
I have had good experience with Good Sam. Price seems about right for coverage.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:11 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We had GS, then went to WW for ext. Warranty. We have GS road side, they have been pretty good.

Tags
service