Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-15-2023, 06:05 PM   #21
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I will add a downside with the Insurance company is that it will show as a claim. I think you are allowed 3 a year or some period as it may not be a full year?
AAA Roadside assistance isn't telling CSAA about towing—there's no claims added to your record just for towing...
Old 03-15-2023, 06:10 PM   #22
Proud “No Intent” Owner

AAA 200 miles for towing is multiplied by how many people you have on your account. I have three people covered, so I can get up to 600 miles--providing no-one else used any...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 5.03.11 PM.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	185390  
Old 03-15-2023, 06:15 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
AAA Roadside assistance isn't telling CSAA about towing—there's no claims added to your record just for towing...
I wasn't referring to AAA, rather Progressive which I have. They process as claim and that is a downside that Good Sams does not have; which I was referring to. I am a GS member as well. My point is if you have Roadside with your Insurance company and you call it in; it is a claim. Now what they do who knows? We had one hell storm about 5 years ago and we ended up with 6 claims the way the insurance works. When we get new quotes the new prospective insurance always refer to all of those claims Sometimes it affects rates and sometime it does not. Regardless it is plus for Good Sam option and a down side for Progressive Insurance company despite me choosing Progressive over GS.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 06:32 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
AAA 200 miles for towing is multiplied by how many people you have on your account. I have three people covered, so I can get up to 600 miles--providing no-one else used any...
How much?

Progressive is $14 per year and unlimited miles.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 06:57 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Roadside Assistance

Ditto to dkolman:

Too many years ago we blew a front tire on our RV half way between Lost Wages and LA.

Had AAA and called for help changing tire. Waited hours on the side of Interstate 15 between Barstow and Baker for a response which never came.

Meanwhile, I lowered the spare from under the coach in anticipation of help arriving from AAA. Then jacked the front and changed the tire myself.

We were almost back to LA when AAA telephoned to tell me they would be there in an hour and a half. I doubt you would believe WHAT I told AAA about their crappy service.

Don't have any direct experience with Good Sam beyond observing their prices in their stores are quite high. So much so, we rarely buy anything there.
cthiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 07:36 PM   #26
Outer Banks of NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Sounds like and looks like you have done well in life. At times it may seem greener on the other side watching TV and how others talk, but at the end of day, the only thing really important is family and friends. I remember having a blowout in 1976 Sunbird somewhere in Missouri thousands of miles from anyone I knew. So I figure I would just put on the spare, but there was no jack . No one stopped. I am not sure I wanted someone to stop after a few hours as it was about to get dark. I drove on the flat / wheel to the next exit ( no cell phones) Eventually I got some help with someone with a jack and lug wrench and I was on my way. No Roadside Assistance and no problem. I may have got out faster anyway?
Four seasons I went ahead and got the Premier RV. I didn't have the AAA first but it covers me in my cars and in someone elses car according to what the girl said. Be a few more days before my paper work arrives.

Dkoldman its come with a price. I've been gone a lot from home traveling all my life. Loved what I did would do it again if I had to do it all over , , last 20 years got to live out of Hotels driving a day cab car hauler so got use to the lifestyle. Swapping a company CLC card their dime, free breakfast. Job perks. LOL
Those of us that drive trucks are use to being alone single most of my life huge outdoor boy, grew up farming but I totally understand the feeling . Can't tell you how many nights been on the side of the road especially 80s and 90s. . Put my first load into Calif from NC in 1979 . Every one of my hobbies are still driving. Boats, bikes, , Side by side and the slide in now the new to use 35C. Its a starter RV just gona do the beach for a while, already know I'm loving the difference in the slide in and winnebago. The 24 foot toy hauler pulls one bike and the can am. Bikes in front its also a shop in there. With being able to make the side by side street legal now, it will be our mode of transportation instead of a car on and off road so that worked like a champ timing was perfect. . . Already moving towards that have the tires listed for sale getting something not so aggresive. Might even get a 4 seater with a heater. Our plans were to do cost to cost , with the slide in pull the toy hauler use the side by side for the trails bike for open country playing the whole way stopping , adventures where you found them. . Now the toy hauler will be behind the motorhome.
Custom Goldwing by the way if any of you ride and a nomad kawasaki cruiser. .
Pro drag raced all my life so motors transmissions unless its internal most of the time I can patch it enough to get me somewhere to fix the issue. Will have my own air compressor 150 PSI like i did on the dodge 3500 so i'm set as good as I can be for the most part. Added a tran and temp moroso gauge to the winny, I have to know what my stuff is doing. Old school drag racing doing that. LOL
I'm new, you guys know your stuff i'm just learning these big toys. ( Motorhomes) always picking putting humor in my writting and a christian for the most part, even the Carolina flair slips in my writting now and then. Name is LUKE FOSTER, already enjoying the forum and looking foward to the campfires , cookouts which I love and meting some of you along with talking on the forum.
GF is Bobbie. Shes a Laurelville OHIO Girl just make the move this past fall to the coast with me doing my best to make her southern but lord knows I have my hands full.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	335936923_730979885234031_5610641166667551166_n.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	185395   Click image for larger version

Name:	320785541_854747682457842_2797788322014485469_n.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	381.4 KB
ID:	185396  

Tags
towing, tow