Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Welcome to Link Manufacturing, Ltd. Products: Cabmate - cab air suspensions; UltraRide - chassis air ride suspension; Liftable Suspensions - lift axle; Cat's Eye - tire pressure maintenance system; DeerShield - protects grille components from deer; C

I just saw this system in another thread. It's called UltraRide. I know nothing about it but it looks like it might be an option. It looks like they truly convert to an airbag system. Someone with engineering background might want to take a look at it and give us some feedback.
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

I very much prefer a truck that rides like a truck. There is something wrong with a smooth, bouncy, pillow soft truck suspension. I think motorhome suspensions are way to soft, and that I'm most likely in the minority with that view.
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:17 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

I have read very good reviews for the new Koni FSD shocks (Frequency Selective Dampning). These are said to have a quick initial soft setting to compensate for small sharp pavement impacts, but they then become stiffer for control in corners and large pavement irregularities.

I'm considering a set for next year. Current shocks are Monroe, and the ride is "wallowy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhwgulf View Post
I am a new member with a 2002 Wiknnebago WRG32V Adventurer on a V-10/F53 chasis. It rides like a truck - I know - that's what it is.
BUT, does anyone have a practical solution for the problem, without moving to a larger, diesel powered coach?
I have looked at adding air bags, but unless the springs are softened, it may add stability, but still ride like a truck. I have looked at a system which adds air bags and replaces the leaf springs with less stiff springs. Does anyone have any experience with this problem and do you have any advice??????????
Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Dave Williams
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:35 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

George

Lokked up the Koni's. Seems to be a great compromise.

N Dienes
nsdienes is offline   Reply With Quote