Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-17-2006, 08:27 PM   #21
Winnebago Watcher

goood evening, my wife and i just crossed into canada and back into alaska on our way back home to alaska. we both got passport after 9-11 because i had heard about the border being locked down and wanted to be able to prove that we were us citizens if we were out of the us and something, go forbid, ever happened. am happy to report the crossing both ways on this trip south and back north were very fast and painless. thanks
mcgillagorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:10 AM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

We both have passports, no big deal getting them. The wife was adopted so her birth certificate is kind of screwed up. If we can afford to travel, we can afford to get a document that lasts 10 years. Doesn't cost much more than a drivers licence in most states when you prorate it out. We just came back from 4 months in Mexico, took us all of 45 min. including waiting 35 min. in traffic, to cross into the US at Nogales. Matter of fact, Immigration just took our passports, went to the front of my truck, jotted down licence plate #, went to his computer terminal and entered something, handed us our passports back, (NEVER EVEN OPENED THEM), and directed us to the customs gate. Customs official went in our 5th wheel, petted our cats, took our cat food, except she let us fill a bowl so we would have a chance to buy new before we were attacked by the starving little buggers, and let us through.