Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-18-2020, 03:55 PM   #1
Spinningaway

Replace DVD player

Hello,
I am trying to install a dvd/bluray player in a 2006 29b outlook and can not get it to play through the TV for the life of me. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
Spinningaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Some info on what you have done will be a good place to start as there are a number of ways to go with that as well as some info on what it takes to change the input settings on the TV itself.
Perhaps first is knowing if you have found and verified that you are connected on both ends of whatever wiring you found to use.
Looking at drawings, it looks like original was for a front and a side TV with a controller next to the front TV. So does this look original or has the wiring been changed out in places?
Got any books on the controller?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:44 PM   #3
Spinningaway

Thanks for your response! The wiring looks intact as far as I can tell and is plugged into both units. I'm unsure of the settings on the front panel and on the tv for them to communicate.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:47 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Being that a 2006 TV is 14 years old (at least) you may have no luck getting a current DVD/BluRay player to work over an HDMI cable due to several major updates to HDMI over the past 14 years.

It may just be time to bite the bullet and get a new TV. You can get a 32" LED TV for $ 140 on Amazon and for similar cost at Wal-mart.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 06:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinningaway View Post
Thanks for your response! The wiring looks intact as far as I can tell and is plugged into both units. I'm unsure of the settings on the front panel and on the tv for them to communicate.
Going from DVD to controller and then to TV or direct DVD-TV?
Are you up on how you might need to change the input on any menu on the TV? Not sure what to expect on each TV, but that might be a place to look for a setting to change from the antenna, cable, etc to wherever the DVD is connected to the TV.
"Unsure of setting on the front panel"
Do you mean settings on the front of a controller or on front of TV? If not a lot of trouble, posting some pictures of what you have for control panel, tv and such can make it possible for folks who might own one to see where you are going.
Are you getting other things like over the air TV, etc. so that DVD is the only problem or just no TV at all?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:09 PM   #6
Spinningaway

New tv

Thanks for all of your helpful responses. I think we have decided it is probably much better to upgrade the tv..
Old 07-05-2020, 06:55 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Upgrade the TV. I bought a sound bar and sub-woofer for our home TV. I connected it HDMI. No sound. Then I found out that it had to be connected to an HDMI audio capable connection which my old HDTV did not have, even though it was only a few years old.
jbrattain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:50 PM   #8
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrattain View Post
Upgrade the TV. I bought a sound bar and sub-woofer for our home TV. I connected it HDMI. No sound. Then I found out that it had to be connected to an HDMI audio capable connection which my old HDTV did not have, even though it was only a few years old.
Ah yes, ARC, or Audio Return Channel. You also have to make sure to buy an HDMI cable that supports ARC., as not all do, not to mention there are new standards for HDMI one has to take into consideration, such as HDMI 2.0 for 4K signals to pass correctly.

Tags
ace, replace