Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Reliable Winny dealer needed

Does anyone have a real good reliable (I know-an oxymoron) Winnebago dealer around Tulsa, Oklahoma City, or Wichita, Ks that does decent work on RVs they didn't sell? I live about 95-110 miles from all three. When you develop too many aches and pains to be able to do all the repairs on your coach you used to, then you have to turn to someone else to fix things that keep going haywired. When a coach reaches 5-7 years of age everything imaginable will begin to fall apart, break, or wear out. That was my experience with my last 3 RVs and now my current one is reaching over 6 years of age. I noticed the slide-out awnings were starting to show pin-point holes, among other things, so I'm going to need a place to get these little annoyances corrected.

I went to RVrepairreview web site and got no help. I know of one in Tulsa and one in OKC that if you didn't buy from them, then you're considered trash and kept at the bottom of their appointment list. Even then it may take them 3 weeks to do 4 1/2 hours work, and I know that from personal experience.

Thanks for any suggestions or personal experiences. Short of driving 800 miles back to Forest City.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The only one I'm familiar with in the area is at Dodge City, KS. We had a problem while on the road a couple of years ago and hit them on a Saturday morning. Their shop person was not there, but they called him and he came over and got us back on the road in a short time. The price was very reasonable too. Don't remember the name off the top of my head, but they were on the southeast side of town on 50 bypass as we were headed toward Tucumcarri, NM
robbstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Not a Winny dealer I don't think, BUT, Flint Hills RV treated us very well, and did great work (both fast and good) a couple of years ago when we were passing through with a basement air problem. The tech had the unit out and diagnosed faster than most places take to scratch their heads. Then he got the required part from across town after RVP told him it was backorder ...got them to pull it from a floor model. We were on the road apx 4 hr after they took the coach in the door. They are just East of Wichita in Andover, right on US 54. There should be info on them on rvservicereviews.com -- if we need ANY kind of service work in that area, I will call them first.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

You do not need a Winnebago dealer for many of the things on a coach. For example, those slide toppers you mentioned can be replaced by any RV repair shop. The best way I have found to find one of those is by asking everyone I know. Any good shop will be known to a number of people and everyone will give them a recommedation. The only thing you need a Winnebago dealer for are those Winnebago unique items and there are not many of those. If you need Winnebago parts to install yourself just call Lichstinn RV (800-343-6255)in Forest City. They have the parts and will ship the next day.
Navy Flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I've heard of the one at Dodge City before and wish we were closer to them but we're over 200 miles away. Andover sounds good since we're only about 85 miles from there.

I only mentioned a Winny dealer since when you have a problem and take it to the shop you never know exactly what it may take to fix it. From the experience I've had with Winny dealers in the last 6 years I'd rather avoid them when possible anyway. The pathetic thing is we have two small RV shops in our little town of 22,000 population and neither one is worth the powder to blow them up with.

Wagonmaster2
Old 03-10-2010, 05:15 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Hey Wagonmaster,

I'm not sure of your limits or travel but.... When I was in KS the summer of '08 I had A/C problems. I was directed to Zzz's RV sales and service in Ottawa. I have never been more impressed with the service, attitude or facilities. There are 10 full size rv service bays, the whole place is spotless and their parts bin is overflowing with just about anything you could need. It's a two man shop with 10 man ability. Anyway, it's:
Zzz's Rv sales and service,
115 W Keokuk St
Ottawa, KS 66067
(785) 242-6700

If it's within your travel envelope, I reccomend them. Good Luck
and good roads to ya
Ol'Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Joe View Post
Hey Wagonmaster,

I'm not sure of your limits or travel but.... When I was in KS the summer of '08 I had A/C problems. I was directed to Zzz's RV sales and service in Ottawa. I have never been more impressed with the service, attitude or facilities. There are 10 full size rv service bays, the whole place is spotless and their parts bin is overflowing with just about anything you could need. It's a two man shop with 10 man ability. Anyway, it's:
Zzz's Rv sales and service,
115 W Keokuk St
Ottawa, KS 66067
(785) 242-6700

If it's within your travel envelope, I reccomend them. Good Luck
and good roads to ya
Thanks Joe - That's sounds like the kind of shop I'd like to be able to get to for any work. I have a nephew who lives in KC so between visiting him and the shop recommended just outside of Wichita and the one at Dodge City it looks like I've got some good choices.

I get all these good recommendations and with my luck I'll probably break down way out in Po Dunk Junction hundreds of miles from no where.

Thanks to you all.

Wagonmaster2