Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Rejex

After reading many posts on here I finally bought a bottle of this stuff to try it. Saturday I started on just the front cap and buffed it out with a no wax polish. Yesterday I went back with one coat of Rejex. I have to say, it looks great. I plan to go back with a second coat tomorrow and then start working in the rest if the coach. I have my fingers crossed that this stuff will do all its advertised.

300 HP Cat Diesel
GaDawgFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #2

How about some before and after photos? Thnx.

-harry
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I use Dry Wash N Guard, water won't even stick to it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I've been using Rejex for 9+ yrs on my coach and I still get comments that it looks like new. Besides the paint, the rubber and the aluminum wheels look like new too. I put it on once a yr, sometimes I go 1.5 yrs between applications. When I was fulltiming for 3.5 yrs, I put it on every 6 months. Except the front I do more often to make it easier to get the bugs off. I bought a one gallon size of Rejex and it lasted me 6 yrs for two cars and the motorhome. I'm now on a second gallon.

Happy trails,
Bill
Old 06-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Where do you find Rejex? I have looked at auto stores like Discount Auto, Walmart, and RV stores. No luck so far.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I went on Amazon and bought it. Had it in 4 or 5 days.

300 HP Cat Diesel
GaDawgFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I've been buying it direct from the factory here:
RejeX: Nothing Sticks but the Shine!
Old 06-12-2013, 04:06 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I bought mine on ebay. Been using it and nothing else for years on the MH.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

A 16 ounce bottle has done my Motorhome twice and I still had enough left to do the Jeep Liberty. I also use Rejex on my alloy car wheels, works great for keeping brake dust off. This product is easy on and easy off when working in 3-5 foot areas. Just a small amount on your applicator pad works great.

Mike
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I bought 2 16 oz bottles of Rejex about a month ago. I still have not had an opportunity to put it on. Thanks for the reminder.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:29 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

I tried Rejex today on my front cap. I didn't realize that it's not good to use on oxidized surfaces. It dried instantly (in the shade) and would not buff to a shine no matter what I did. I may try another coat tomorrow and see what happens. Does anyone know how to strip it off if I have to?
Old 06-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
I tried Rejex today on my front cap. I didn't realize that it's not good to use on oxidized surfaces. It dried instantly (in the shade) and would not buff to a shine no matter what I did. I may try another coat tomorrow and see what happens. Does anyone know how to strip it off if I have to?
I would use Turtle Wax Buffing Compound in a small area to see if you can get a smooth glossy finish back again (and that will take off the Rejex too). Then seal it with the Rejex. You might need 2 coats of Rejex to have it looking new again. Keep a coat of Rejex on it and you should never see the oxidation come back again.

I would buff out my alum wheels and use Camping World's Gel Coat to seal the shine. They would haze over and oxidize in just a couple of months. Rejex on the wheels lasts a very long time, a year or more. You don't have to get out the buffer and polish the alum the next time, but just a fresh coat of Rejex keeps them looking new.

Good luck,
Bill
Old 06-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Thanks GaDawgFan, Duner and Clifftail.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:41 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

I finally got a chance to do a good wash & then apply the Rejex to my motor home. I did the roof and all around the outside. I still need to do the wheels. What a shine, it makes the paint look wet. Albeit it is a new motor home, but I am impressed. One mistake I made was allowing it to dry too long before wiping it off. If you wait too long it is tough to remove. Try to soon and it smears. Of coarse like any wax product, they recommend not to do this in the sun, darn near impossible in our area. So when applying with sun shining on the rv it takes about 15 minutes to dry to a haze, or the time it takes to apply about 6-8 feet of one section. In the shade it took about 20-25 minutes to dry.
I used about a half or little better of a 16 ounce bottle for a 43' motor home which included the fiberglass roof. I did use 2 sponge applicators & several microsoft towels. I also had a few scratches from low hanging tree branches. I used McGuire's Scratch Remover to blend in the clear coat.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote