Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2018, 12:29 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Rear jacks don't 'Auto Store'

I have a new to me 2011 Itasca Sunstar 26'. When I turn the engine on, slide in the two areas, then push Auto Store, the rear jacks don't rise up. I checked, yup, they're still down. So I releveled and tried it again. Some thing. Then I pushed the bottom manual retract button and both right and left rear jacks came up.

Make an appointment? Or is there something I can do? Or leave them up until I get to a city area or is there a risk the the manual store won't work?

Thank you,
Max
Xamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:01 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xamiam View Post
I have a new to me 2011 Itasca Sunstar 26'. When I turn the engine on, slide in the two areas, then push Auto Store, the rear jacks don't rise up. I checked, yup, they're still down. So I releveled and tried it again. Some thing. Then I pushed the bottom manual retract button and both right and left rear jacks came up.

Make an appointment? Or is there something I can do? Or leave them up until I get to a city area or is there a risk the the manual store won't work?

Thank you,
Max
Max
Check out the troubleshooting procedures.

Jesse

https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml46547.pdf
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:10 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Max, I haven't had the same issue as no one has responded here are some resources I would check out.

Lippert Troubleshooting guide for motorhomes https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ting_Guide.pdf

Also here is the owners manual https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...3-Present).pdf

Also try Youtube I have had great luck in getting answers on Youtube. Here is one video where the retract problem was traced to a diode in the wiring harness. There seems to be about 20 more videos on Lippert Leveling issues. Always a good resource.

Dealer or do it yourself - If you have a service contract there is usually a $250 deductible so it makes sense to view some videos get an idea of what is actually happening - i.e. does it do an emergency retract when you take the parking brake off? or is it something in the controller board that pertains only to Auto Retract. After you feel you are conversant in the problem call Lippert Tech service and see where it takes you. You can always go to the dealer later. Who knows you might be like the guy in the video and have Lippert send you the parts free.

First I thought it could be the outside temperature as I had issues going up in real cold weather. It took quite a bit longer and they moved real slow. but since the front go up and the back don't it probably isn't that.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:23 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Max
Check out the troubleshooting procedures.

Jesse

https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml46547.pdf

Thanks, except for one little thing, that looks like the panel on the 2011.

All I've got, since this was used, is the 2011 Itasca PDF, I didn't see anything troubleshooting info re the levelers. I'm to trying to hit the road Wed for my trip back to WA.

Thanks for the advice. Nice link.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:31 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, My leveler is an HWH.

I didn't think about taking the parking break off and seeing what happens. The coach is having a hissy-fit with the engine started and the levelers down. I think it's doing a countdown to the end of time. :-)

Troubleshooting eludes me with this rig, I hope to go to a rally and find some advice, this is a change from a 17'TT.

Thanks again,
Max
Old 03-05-2018, 04:37 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Check the Lippert site or send them an email or call. They are very helpful.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:57 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Max, I was over at irv2.com and there is a another person with the same problem - front jacks go up the rear don't - no answers so far to the post but you might want to keep an eye on that thread.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/hwh-3...em-381321.html
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:53 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Patience is difficult to learn

Thanks Jesse and everyone.

I read the HWH PDF, didn't find a "troubleshooting" section but the PDF did state that it can take 4 minutes. I don't know if I jumped the gun the other day, but today I waited patiently. Apparently the rear legs are slower than the front. All seem to work and didn't cost me anything. Thanks again.
Max

Tags
jacks