Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-18-2021, 09:41 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
Looks good, but this is only a 7” screen. The Adventurer has a 10” main screen and a 7” slave screen.
That's the problem I saw with it. Everything else on the Xite works fine, so a Garmin seems to be the cheaper and easier solution to me.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 10:03 AM   #22
Site Team

I may spend the $1000 for the replacement core unit. If I decide to definitely go forward I'll see if I can get a core charge or some kind of discount.

It's either that or stick with old maps for another 5 or more years and that makes no sense OR spend $1000 to replace with some other (probably more capable) system that has to be adapted to work.

I do not want another video screen on my dash.
Old 07-22-2021, 05:31 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimgossett2 View Post
I bought a garmin rv770. so much easier to use and update than the infotainment system in our Winnebago.
Bought my Garmin RV780 a year ago, and i love it. A fantastically well engineered unit. Ok, the voice feature doesn't work up to snuff, but the test is aces!
DesertRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 02:10 PM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

We have never updated the Xite Infotainment system in our 2014 Adventurer since we bought it new then, so it's still in the state the factory sent it. Can we still get the free update referred to above that was released 18 months ago?
sslat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 02:42 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sslat View Post
We have never updated the Xite Infotainment system in our 2014 Adventurer since we bought it new then, so it's still in the state the factory sent it. Can we still get the free update referred to above that was released 18 months ago?
Wow, you need to do this. I'm fairly certain that the final update is still out there.

Download the RAND DOCK program for your computer - it only works on computers - and install it.

https://www.randmcnally.com/support/s/dock-software

Then you must have a SD Card reader. If you don't own one then simply buy a USB to SD card reader for $15 or less and you will probably need a larger SD Card. I'd suggest a 16gb SD card. Don't buy the cheapest one available get a good one. And don't buy bigger than 16GB you don't need it.

The first step will be to create an account and register your SD card via the DOCK program, and then backup your existing SD card to the newer card. Do this via the DOCK program not just via a copy command on your computer. It will take a while to back up your existing card to your computer and then install the copy from your computer to the new SD Card.

Then with the new SD card and your old contents on it and logged in via the DOCK program you should see an UPDATE AVAILABLE in the first position. It will have a green border to let you know there are updates available. Just click on it and it will begin the update process.

Then when done updating, eject your SD card from the reader and insert it into your Xite Core Unit. The next time you start your Xite system in the RV it will tell you there is an update on the SD Card and ask if you want it installed. Just say yes and you're done.

This video is for people with a standalone rand mcnally GPS - but other than the fact that you are using an SD it works exactly the same.

Old 07-27-2021, 05:08 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxel7851 View Post
We got something similar to that in our 2021 Minnie Winnie 22M. It’s a Sony unit that has CarPlay, 3 camera shots, and Sirius. Although it does not have the Nav. I’ll check for the model #. It came with our unit from Winnebago.
Subscribed and waiting to learn about this Sony unit. I have seen a post somehere recently about a Forza being converted over using a Winnebago produced conversion kit, that does support the 3 cameras and comes with a bezel for our dashes and a bag of wires. That poster couldn't produce a Winnebago P/N or Sony model #.
CoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 02:34 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Creative, from my research of Xite, you are the resident expert on Xite. Hoping you can help fill in some gaps for me in my knowledge. I have a 2015 Itasca Meridian with the 10” Xite.

1. Does the smaller screen above the 10” only connect to Xite? Does it work independently? Doesn’t seem like it.
2. I found a subwoofer under my couch. Is that tied to Xite? I can’t get any sound out of it, so confused.
3. What does “House mode” on Xite do?

Thank you
Dmgoetz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 02:57 PM   #28
Site Team

I'm no expert... on anything... but I'll try to answer.

I don't know what small screen you have above your 10" monitor. I have only the 10" in my center dash - see the photo below. There is a small 7" screen on the far right side in front of the passenger's seat. And, that is just a mirror of the 10" monitor.

I have a subwoofer in a kitchen cabinet and it's connected to both the LG Home Theater and the XM radio in the Xite system. To get the SAT radio in the Xite to use the subwoofer simply go to the Settings > Audio Settings > Fader and move the fader from "F" front to "R" rear and then in the general audio settings increase the Bass output. Then you should hear the subwoofer... that is IF your 2015 Meridian is the same as my 2017 Adventurer (no promises that it is).

The HOUSE button lets the Xite system remain powered on even when the ignition key is off. It lets you play music without running the engine. And, I also use it to keep the Xite system from shutting down at gas stops and rest stops.

I use my Xite to track ALL of my fuel purchases - every drop of gas I've put in my RV has been logged into the "Add Fuel" database on my Xite. So, when I stop for gas the Xite is on "House" mode and I can quickly get into the menu to Add Fuel and mileage without starting the RV.

PS. By the way, if anyone is interested, my gas RV has an average of 6.4mpg recorded over just a little less than 5 years and 42,000 miles of trips. Keep in mind this includes all idling and all generator running as well. I never figure out my actual gas mileage between two points. Just how much gas I buy and put in the RV and the overall mileage traveled between fillups.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MonitorsPassenger.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	327.7 KB
ID:	182110  
Old 02-24-2022, 03:15 PM   #29
Site Team

If the screen above your 10" monitor mimics your Xite then I would suggest you set it up to show your rearview camera (and side cams) all the time. If it works like the small monitor that I have on the passenger side it has a row of buttons below the screen. One of them should be CAMS.

So, when you have the 10" screen on your GPS (and perhaps the SiriusXM radio showing in the top 2" of the 10" screen - you'll have your rearview camera video showing on the screen above.

It's just a suggestion and again, I don't have any knowledge of how your system is setup in your RV.
Old 02-26-2022, 06:47 AM   #30
Winnie-Wise

Creativepart: Wondering if you changed out the core unit yet? I've been thinking about it and note you have the same set up as mine. I asked Riverpark the other day what the new core unit was running and they advised about $850--- so maybe the price is dropping a bit???

I asked the tech if one might be able to plug and play the replacement core myself without going to an electronics shop and they said yea, maybe. That didn't sound to promising to me considering the pile of wiring spaghetti inside the core's box.

Just wondering if you changed it out, if you did it yourself and how hard or difficult it was????

Joe
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 07:28 AM   #31
Site Team

Yes… and no.

On my initial trip home from Albuquerque, where I bought the RV I had serious issues with the system. I contacted Riverpark and they sent me a new Core Unit. I just had to R and R the OEM Core Unit and return it within 30-days or be charged $1,200.

I removed the old Core and just reconnected the wiring. Every connection is a specific plug connection and it was complicated but easy to do. There is a diagram on top of the Core Unit that details all the connections.

Honestly, the most difficult part was dealing with the HUGE mass of wiring behind the Core Unit. Not only does the Core Unit use a lot of connections but there were dozens of extra unused wires behind there I have no idea what they could be for. And many groups of wires are sheathed in that plastic wire loom protective cover which make everything more difficult to move and compress into place.

I have thought of replacing the old Core but the lack of new map updates hasn’t been a serious hindrance… yet. I assume the job would also be plug and play, but I don’t know that to be the case.
Old 02-26-2022, 07:56 AM   #32
Site Team

Americanrascal, in another thread on this subject I posted that the last time I used the DOCK program on my computer to put my GPS trip info onto the Xite’s SD card there was an update available. It’s the first update I’ve seen since October, 2019!

There were 150+ files in the update. But I don’t think there were any map updates.

On the trip we took in Jan I started to notice small changes in the graphics and even a couple of new features in the GPS. Nothing major was changed. But there were changes. I saw someone on IRV2 say they talked to Riverpark and they said that a big map update is coming, but that It will not be free.

Rand McNally was on the brink of bankruptcy and they were bought by a Private Equity firm. Lots of employees were laid off and major projects stopped, including a large map update. The RV division was all but shut down. But due to contracts with major trucking companies they had to keep map programs going. A year or so after being sold they were sold again to TELEO and they’ve promised to expand the company’s mapping and software products for trucking and commercial industries.

I’m hoping that this means there will be updates to the GPS in our Xite systems sometime soon. It’s just a faint hope but the recent DOCK update has kept this hope alive.
Old 02-26-2022, 09:53 AM   #33
Site Team

Here's the wiring diagram that's on top of my Xite Core Unit. Note: none of the wires are individual connections. The groupings shown are all in plastic plugs so, it is "plug n play"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RiverparkXSG3.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	321.4 KB
ID:	182116  
Old 02-27-2022, 04:57 AM   #34
Winnie-Wise

Great info Creativepart! Many thanks.

I have used the Dock feature on my household computer with the chip out for update and trip planning since we got the rig in 2016. I like the feature but it stopped giving me updates a year or 2 ago. Hence I am eyeballing the next option someday in the future- how soon I have not decided yet. My front face plate on the core unit is cracking and shattering. Riverpark says I can only buy a while new core unit and not juts the faceplate

Using the trip planner with the chip out and installed on a computer has been great although I notice sometimes it decides to layout a different route after loaded back in the rig once I am on the road. That's frustrating.

Like you I have had to pull the core to repair the wifi dongle and it was a nightmere with the spaghetti of wires. But the guys at Riverpark talked me through. But if I change it out I'll probably give it a try myself. You gave me the confidence!
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 08:35 AM   #35
Site Team

Like you I’ve found that setting up specific routing in the TripMaker App on the home computer is usually ignored when you actually start the route in the RV’s GPS. The start, end and waypoints remain but the on board GPS makes its own route based on those points.
Old 02-28-2022, 09:31 AM   #36
Winnebago Watcher

I am with you all! I gave up on Riverpark ever doing anything so I recently changed out my Rand McNally infotainment system in my View, for a Kenwood DNR1007XR system and everything works great apart from the rear camera. It seemed like I just needed to plug the existing camera wire into the port marked camera?! I have the guiding lines showing up on the screen but no picture, as if it's not powered up. Any advice would be appreciated!
Stay well!!
HarveyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 10:20 AM   #37
Site Team

You may need a video junction box in the mix there too. In fact, there should be one behind the dash left over from the old Xite system.

A good option for getting this done is to simply drive your View to a Car Audio Installer. They deal with this stuff all the time and could likely make very short and inexpensive work of this kind of project.
Old 02-28-2022, 01:25 PM   #38
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for your quick response...My local Auto Sound installed it and spent 2 hours extra trying to get the camera working. The camera was working on the old system Xite system so I doubt there is anything wrong with that.
HarveyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 01:58 PM   #39
Site Team

Got it.

I'm a Youtube devotee so I searched there and found a few videos about connecting cameras to the Kenwood DNR radios

Here are just two. I have no idea if they help you or not. Hope so????

Old 02-28-2022, 02:03 PM   #40
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
If the screen above your 10" monitor mimics your Xite then I would suggest you set it up to show your rearview camera (and side cams) all the time. If it works like the small monitor that I have on the passenger side it has a row of buttons below the screen. One of them should be CAMS.

So, when you have the 10" screen on your GPS (and perhaps the SiriusXM radio showing in the top 2" of the 10" screen - you'll have your rearview camera video showing on the screen above.

It's just a suggestion and again, I don't have any knowledge of how your system is setup in your RV.
No CAMS option on my 14' Meridian small screen. It's a backup camera only as far as I have been able to find. The side cameras only come on with the appropriate turn signal, and on the main 10" screen only.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote