Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2007, 05:20 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TXiceman:

I did use a alligator to stop a fellow from tailgating me. I was running 5 over the speed limit in the center lane in my dually. A smartA was tailgating and would not back off or switch lanes. It was a small alligator and I took the truck over the top and the last thing I saw of him was he was standing on his brakes and head fro the shoulder with thing trapped under his front end of his poor little BMW.

One of the cable channels has a really good program called "MythBusters". On one show they launched small road alligators at a test dummy sitting behind a windshield in a car. One piece of tire traveling 60 mph decapitated the dummy.
Please reconsider using them to teach a lesson.

Bruce
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:15 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Indy Itasca: Very astute point. Anything on the highway but pavement is dangerous. I have seen cases where rubber alligators have taken large chunks out of those full width; heavy duty mud flaps; we hang on the rear of our coaches. Playing games with rubber alligators is out of the question.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:04 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
I clipped on once too. Same deal, chose not to swerve. This was on I95 right outside Washington DC. Didn't think there was any damage until I opened the coach door and the electric steps wouldn't come down. My fix, a log from my firepit and some heavy beating on the lower step. Problem solved.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:12 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

What is the trucker's slang for a garbage can in the road.

I hit one several years ago. The wind was blowing it, and being round it was rolling around in the road. I saw it started slowing down, but could stop by the time I got to it. It was in my lane then the other. It took out the wiring on the steps, and eventually I had to replace the mechinism that operated the steps.

1999-2008 traded in Suncruiser 90,000 miles
Jeeperrmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:17 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

John,

Are you still in the Phoenix area?

We are now in our winter RV park in Sun City.

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:03 PM   #26
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeeperrmartin:
What is the trucker's slang for a garbage can in the road.--snip-- </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Probably Oh *&$%^#@@!

Judy & Jim - we're in Tuscon this week for the Datastorm rally and then we are headed back to Phoenix (Freightliner Tolleson) Monday to have our hydraulic fan/motor replaced.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

John and AFChap we possibly crossed paths in Las Crucis, we stayed at the Hacienda RV Park Oct 12 to 16 sorry we missed you. Went to ElPaso on Sunday to look at Ft. Bliss were I was stationed in 1960, all of our area was torn down and is mostly housing.
Also went to Carlsbad on our way east.

The Gator's are all over the roads this time of year I always thought the change of temp from day to night in the fall caused the retreads to separate.
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote