Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2020, 02:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Questions on 2011 Aspect 30' I'm looking at

I'm in the middle of buying a 2011 Winnebago Aspect 30C and am hoping for some assistance.
1)The seller says it has air ride suspension but what exactly is air ride suspension? The rear of the coach seems to hang down a bit more than it should but he said he had no idea if it had air bags you could add air to? If there are air bags how/where to you add air?
2) In the black/gray tank drain compartment rear left side their are what appears to be switches of some sort but he had no idea what they were for. They have a symbol in the shape of a + (plus) on them with two small wires going to them. I was thinking maybe tank heaters but really have no idea. FOUND THE ANSWER FOR THIS ONE... TANK LEVEL SENSORS
3) Is there somewhere you can put in the Coach VIN and get a list of everything that came on that particular coach like you can with a car?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Halibut214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:01 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The Owners Manual should help.

The certification label should also help detail what coach you have.

From the FAQ:
HOW CAN I OBTAIN A BUILD SHEET FOR MY MOTORHOME?
Contact Winnebago Customer Assistance at [email protected] or 800-537-1885 with your Winnebago Body Serial Number.
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

It has Firestone Air Suspension on the rear axle. There are two manual "tire stem" style air fill valves in some basement compartment. Operator's manual should have more information on them. There is a minimum air pressure recommended and you can add more air to raise the rear slightly depending on how much loading there is on the rear axle.

FYI, if you can't find the manual bag in the RV you can download the operator's manual on the Winnebago Industries web site.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 06:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Had a 09 Cambria with the Firestone air bags. On mine they were mostly for leveling the rear. Dont think they did anything like an air suspension on a Class A motorhome.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:20 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for all of the info. I bought it! Very happy with my new (to me) Winnebago Aspect 30C with only 7900 miles, stove and oven never used and generator with 26 hours. One of those deals that you hear about but never really believe. This is my 3rd rig and first Winnebago. The quality seems sooooooo much better than the previous 2. The slides seem to work much better, quicker and more efficiently as do the jacks. My last one sort of hopped around for 5 minutes before stabilizing. This levels out smoothly and is done. The one thing I was a little miffed and quite surprised by was towing capacity only being 5,000. I'm still under for my Jeep but real close. Would enjoy hearing from any of you that have towed with this rig or similar and how it went. Thanks
Halibut214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 07:13 PM   #6
Site Team

Congrats on your Motorhome purchase!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 06:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

If memory serves towing capacity is limited by the hitch installed. I think you can go more if you get whatever the next level up is 7.5k?, 10k?
Greg121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 06:54 PM   #8
Site Team

Just for the record, you have "air bags" not an air suspension. You use it to level out your coach when it's filled with your stuff, water, etc.

The RV has a leaf spring and shocks suspension on a solid rear axle. Most Diesel motorhomes have air suspensions. The air bags actually replace the leaf springs in the suspension. On your RV they supplement the leaf springs for ride height only.
Old 05-20-2020, 06:56 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg121 View Post
If memory serves towing capacity is limited by the hitch installed. I think you can go more if you get whatever the next level up is 7.5k?, 10k?
It depends much on much more than the rating of the hitch. It depends on GVWR and how much your chassis is designed to accommodate. You can't just put a 10,000 lb hitch on it and tow 10,000 lbs.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:55 PM   #10
Just Ama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut214 View Post
Thank you for all of the info. I bought it! Very happy with my new (to me) Winnebago Aspect 30C with only 7900 miles, stove and oven never used and generator with 26 hours. One of those deals that you hear about but never really believe. This is my 3rd rig and first Winnebago. The quality seems sooooooo much better than the previous 2. The slides seem to work much better, quicker and more efficiently as do the jacks. My last one sort of hopped around for 5 minutes before stabilizing. This levels out smoothly and is done. The one thing I was a little miffed and quite surprised by was towing capacity only being 5,000. I'm still under for my Jeep but real close. Would enjoy hearing from any of you that have towed with this rig or similar and how it went. Thanks
We have a 2018 Aspect 30J and we tow our Explorer just fine. The one thing we did, was to have the Stay In Play brake system installed. We had an older system that we were using and it was a PITA to get set up and it had enough lag in it that my husband was goosey about using it. We love the Aspect (we came out of a 36' Phaeton) it has plenty of room for the two of us and is a lot easier to maintain than the Diesel was. You are right about the quality of Winnebago being good. We have no complaints. Happy RVing in your new RV (it is almost new with that few miles on it)
AzLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 08:55 AM   #11
Aspect 30J

Aspect 30 J

In response to the air bags...please make sure to check your owners manual. There is a maximum air PSI for the air bag. Also, you may find the valve stems are not located in a compartment. On my 2015 Aspect 30J...they are located in the front of driver's side wheel well. Not a good place if I have a tire failure on that side at it would "wipe out" the air line & valve stems.

Safe Travels & Good Times
MovingMann
MovingMann is offline   Reply With Quote