Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2005, 06:50 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have a couple of questions that I should already know answers too, but don't.
First, Does Winnebago still manufacture both a Journey and a Journey DL? I have a 2004 Journey but don't know which it is, don't think it is a DL.
Second, does Winnebago still manufacture the Ultimate Freedom and the Advantage?
Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have a couple of questions that I should already know answers too, but don't.
First, Does Winnebago still manufacture both a Journey and a Journey DL? I have a 2004 Journey but don't know which it is, don't think it is a DL.
Second, does Winnebago still manufacture the Ultimate Freedom and the Advantage?
Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:03 AM   #3

Lake,

I think I can answer that question from experience.

The Journey DL was last produced in 2003, the new Vectra/Horizon took it's place with mods and a new chassis. Unless your coach actually has the DL letters in the Name, you have a Journey.

Now from our personal experience, the DL did not stand for Deluxe. We don't know what it meant, other then adding an extra $10,000 to the price. It certainly wasn't a set up from our 2001 Adventurer 35U other then the diesel engine and Freightliner chassis, which in it's self cost another $40,000 more.

If everything is working and you don't have any problems, you have a good coach and should be a happy camper.

Tomcat F15
Old 01-07-2005, 04:40 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Tomcat Ours is personalized it stands for Don & Lorraine

'01 Journey DL 36GD CAT330
Squirrely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

The Ultimate Freedom & Advantage went bye-bye! Class C's are being built in that factory. The Vectra moved up into their price range. I also though the difference between a Journey & the DL was only the horse power of the engine. 3oo to 330 on the Dl? I looked for a used DL last spring, no luck!
Old 01-07-2005, 05:08 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Journey DL is now gone and has been replaced by the Vectra.

Journey DL's were made in 2001(I think),
2002 (for sure) and 2003(for sure).

They are a really nice MH and not many can be found on the used market.

Our Journey DL has been a good coach, without the quality issues seen by others here on the forum.

Aventa II Tow Bar/Apollo Braking
El Jeffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:29 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dave from MN:
The Ultimate Freedom & Advantage went bye-bye! Class C's are being built in that factory. The Vectra moved up into their price range. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know enough about all this to give advice to Winnebago, but I think the Charles City factory, which was set up to build the "Ultimates" should be used to build all the diesel motorhomes. Rather than run them through the same production line with the Sightseers etc., at Forest City, they could then run the Charles City production line MUCH SLOWER with the hopes of improving the assembly of the far-more-complex diesel models.

The idea was sort of tongue-in-cheek, but come to think of it, not a bad one--according to what I read here.

RAS

1998 CR-V
raspears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 07:19 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Ras,
I agree with you about making only diesels at Charles City. Seems Winnebago thinks it should be class c's! At Forest City, diesels do go down their own line. I guess once in a while a Suncruiser or Adventurer will go down the same line. Otherwise the sightseers & etc. are going down different lines.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:56 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Thank you folks. I too have wondered about the DL and its history (happens to be my initials but that is irrelevant) and now I know.