Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-04-2018, 02:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question: Good Enough vacuum

I searched Google for an RV vacuum, and there are plenty of responses as to which is best. I don't need best, there's not that much carpet. We're talking about a 2011 Itasca 26'.

Do you have any ideas in which vacuum is good enough to get the job done and robust enough to not have to buy one every year??

Thanks in advance,
Max
Xamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:34 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

We love our Dyson V6.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, I'm considering the "... v7 Car + Boat", by even that seems like like driving a tack with a framing hammer. :-):-)
Xamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:02 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

We have the Dyson v6 Animal and it goes whenever we go. It does a great job of getting up the dirt and the dog hairs.

The attachments are good, especially the little motorized brush for the car, or the entry step side carpets.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:39 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Found a Dyson used in Denver while traveling for $125, priced at $200. Best buck & a quarter I ever spent. Easy to use, telescopes within itself, no bag to fool with, highly recommend it.

Phil
Old 03-28-2018, 09:23 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Keep an eye on woot.com. They periodically have refurbished Dyson vacs on sale at good prices. IMHO the new prices are outrageous. I've purchased two from Woot, a V6 for home and motorhome and a standard size upright. The only thing I don't like about the V6 is that it exhausts through the top and, depending on how you hold it, will blow on you. I'm surprised that Dyson designed it this way.

A nice thing about Woot is their shipping price. They're owned by Amazon so Amazon Prime members get free shipping, otherwise it's a flat rate of $5.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vacuum