Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2016, 09:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

"Protect" Exterior protection from Lichtsinn RV

Have any of you purchased the "Protect" exterior finish applied to your motorhome by Lichtsinn RV in Forest City, Iowa? I'd appreciate your review of this application. Thanks!
Bob45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:11 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob45 View Post
Have any of you purchased the "Protect" exterior finish applied to your motorhome by Lichtsinn RV in Forest City, Iowa? I'd appreciate your review of this application. Thanks!
Well I researched Xzilon and I found many reviews of the product.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:10 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Picking up a used coach (I traded for) next week. I opted for the (protection package) in side and out side.
I'll report on it after I get it home. I hope I find it was worth the extra dollars.
sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:24 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask66 View Post
Picking up a used coach (I traded for) next week. I opted for the (protection package) in side and out side.
I'll report on it after I get it home. I hope I find it was worth the extra dollars.

Thank you!
Old 05-30-2016, 10:03 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob45 View Post
Yes, we purchased the Xzilon protection and were very pleased with the product. A simple wash and dry had the coach looking great for the couple years we owned it. Never even thought about waxing or polishing. The reviews are mixed but based on our experience I would buy it again.

The only down side is that the coach needs to be very clean prior to application. There were a few water spots on the front cap that apparently were covered by the Xzilion product. I could not get the spots removed after that. Fortunately, it was only a few spots and not very noticeable. There was also a very small area where they apparently did not wipe off all the product which left a mist-like patch which I could not remove. Again, very small are in an obscure location.

cheers,
Joopy
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:13 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
Yes, we purchased the Xzilon protection and were very pleased with the product. A simple wash and dry had the coach looking great for the couple years we owned it. Never even thought about waxing or polishing. The reviews are mixed but based on our experience I would buy it again.

The only down side is that the coach needs to be very clean prior to application. There were a few water spots on the front cap that apparently were covered by the Xzilion product. I could not get the spots removed after that. Fortunately, it was only a few spots and not very noticeable. There was also a very small area where they apparently did not wipe off all the product which left a mist-like patch which I could not remove. Again, very small are in an obscure location.

cheers,
Joopy

Thank you for sharing your experience!
Old 06-01-2016, 01:37 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Just got back home with my 2012 trade from Lichtsinn. I had the protection package inside and outside. It looks good, everything shiny outside. I came through some rain and it beaded up nice. Inside it feels like everything has been Siliconed if that makes sense. We haul our little grand kids a lot, so figured that might prevent some stains setting in. You know kids. Time will tell but for now I'd recommend it.
sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote