Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-17-2019, 11:04 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Propane quick connect

Received a new Cuisinart Portable Gas Grill for Dad’s Day. It has its own regulator separate from the control knob. I’m not certain what all I need to do to use the quick connect on the underside of our Micro Min 1808 FBS. I understand the regulator on the new grill will need to be removed but beyond that, not certain what other valves and/or conversion items will be needed.

Thanks for any assistance.
PC
PC Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:09 PM   #2
Site Team

You'll need to figure out how to remove the regulator and then what size/type of connection to the regulator-less grill. Then obviously, you'll need a hose with a male quick connector.

You'll probably need to check on BBQ grill forums to figure this out. Not too likely that many Winnieowners.com members here have direct experience with this task.

I did a Google search and quickly found a hose that you can use to hook the grill up to a Propane bottle. Might be easiest to get a hose like that and then a smaller 1lb refillable propane bottle.

https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-QG-.../dp/B002XQ2D7W

That's what I did for my Weber Q1200 and it's great. Much handier than using the quick connect and a long gas hose if you ask me. The Weber is a popular grill with RVers and there are plenty of guides for converting it - but I couldn't immediately find any for the Cuisinart.

I did find some info on doing this on another brand of grill, which had the same process but the guy in video took it to a "propane gas professional" and had them remove the regulator and add a quick connect to the grill. So, it was no help for specific info.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the direction. The grill is already set up to use the small propane bottles and I viewed the conversion hose on Amazon. I can hook it up to the 20 lb bottle with the conversion kit and that would not be too involved. Since the quick connect on the trailer is just sitting there, I figured it would be nice to use it.

We really don't use much propane when we are out, and I really didn't want to lug around small propane bottles, so for the time being I may just go the easy route and run the conversion to the main bottle. I can always go "old school" and bring some charcoal but would like to give the grill a shot.

Thanks again!
Old 06-17-2019, 02:15 PM   #4
Site Team

I think you misunderstood what I meant by "small propane bottles". Not the little green evil things these grills are intended to use, but a small propane bottle that's just like a 20lb bottle only much smaller and easier to transport. Yet is still refilled. I think I typed 1lb but I meant 4.5lb (one gallon of propane).

Like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	056052_1.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	171767  
Old 06-17-2019, 04:43 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Oh ok. Thanks for clarifying that.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:39 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Here’s a thread that might have relevance for you. A couple of us added additional quick connects for grills. For some reason the ones on the 27rbds and 28rbds are at the front. I use a small to medium sized backyard grill I modified.

http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...ct-351967.html
RodneynDawnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:09 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I'm with creative part, the small tank is definitely the way to go. With it you'll have much more flexibility where you use the grill. While you're at it, pick up a propane "distribution tree" such as those made by Coleman, Campmoor and the like. It will allow you to hook up multiple appliances, camp stove, lantern, etc., in addition to your grill.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane