Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2018, 02:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Problems with 2015 Winnie 30T Wheelchair Accessible

Hello-

First time RV owner that found this site while searching for technical advice for our 2015 Winnie 30T that has been nothing but problems since shortly after we bought it.

Our actual RV is listed on Winnie's Accessible RV Page, link below:

https://winnebagoind.com/binaries/co...ling-track.pdf

We bought this RV in Jan 2017 from the original owner's estate, as the original owner passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly. The RV had 1230 miles on it (400 miles and ONE trip by owner, the rest were delivery miles) when we picked it up from a repair facility where the Cummins generator needed a new carburetor; and a new chassis battery was installed. I figured no big deal, the thing is like new.

There was no warranty when I bought it......(this will come up later)

So, we drive it home (360 miles) and take it to a local campsite a couple times with no real issues. Then the nightmare began.....issues listed in order from beginning

- Power Roll Up Door gets jammed
- Wheelchair Lift has dead spot, must give it a push to get past dead spot
- Ignition Interlock system not working properly, we need to shut off coach battery for RV to start.
- Levelers would not retract no matter what, not even manually! Had to jack up and remove levelers to get home
- Major Chassis Power Issues - RV was running and leveled but when we pushed retract on levelers, all chassis power died, engine stalled, etc.
- Chassis Battery switch LED light will not come on now
- Power Steps work sometimes

I have been very disappointed with Winnebago and their lack of support. I understand it is out of their 1yr warranty, but given this specialty vehicle, I really hoped they would do more. Matter of fact, they could not even provide me the wiring diagram of the RV. I know they have wiring diagrams on their website, but they do not include all the accessible equipment wiring.

Sorry to vent....I love the RV when it is working, but that has not been the case

Bill H
Winnie30T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:08 PM   #2
Site Team

Who have you contacted at Winnebago about your problems. Or have you only contacted a dealer?

I would contact Customer Service and schedule an appointment at the Forest City, IA factory and get these items fixed. Keep in mind you may need to spend your money to get things fixed. It’s 5-years out of warranty but that’s the cost of owning such a customized coach with custom capabilities. Sometimes on some problems the factory service center will work with you on the cost of things out of warranty. I doubt a dealer would give you any help.

Have you contacted the manufacturer of the lift and the power roll-up door? That too is an avenue to explore.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:40 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Support

I called Winnebago Customer Service, even went to a Supervisor. All they would recommend is taking it to the Dealers. I have an appointment with a local service center that handles the lift. The power door has no local service center but an engineer from the manufacturer has been trying to help us troubleshoot the door issue.

This RV was not delivered to original owner till mid 2015, so only 3 years since delivered by Winnie.

I totally understand that it is "officially" out of warranty and that I will need to put out $$$, but I thought I would get some help from Winnie due to all the issues combined, the complexity of the vehicle, and most of all, it was hardly ever used.

I just went thru something similar with my Chrysler Mini Van, the van was out of warranty due to time but had low mileage, Chrysler covered 90% of the repair. I was just hoping that Winnie may step up like that. They can't even come up with the wiring diagram for this RV, and that is where alot of the issues seem to be.

I really wish I could take it to the Winnie factory, but at this point it would need to be towed there and I am from Eastern PA, I cant imagine the cost of that.

Bill H
Old 07-24-2018, 11:05 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Update - Just got it back from a Winnebago Dealer and they were able to resolve the issues. I have a little more faith in Winnebago
Old 07-25-2018, 01:10 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Glad to hear that, you were lucky to find a good dealer.

So what caused all the problems?

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:05 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
Glad to hear that, you were lucky to find a good dealer.

So what caused all the problems?
Most of the problems were caused by a broken wire in the interlock wiring, causing multiple problems. The part to fix that was $.35, labor was another story....lol. The roll up door had a "cracked" coupler causing the one side to "skip a tooth", seems to be smooth as can be now.

I was impressed with the dealer......Tom Schaeffer RV in Pennsylvania.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:09 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

It would be good to post your experience to rvservicereviews.com.

Thanks for the response.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote