First time RV owner that found this site while searching for technical advice for our 2015 Winnie 30T that has been nothing but problems since shortly after we bought it.
Our actual RV is listed on Winnie's Accessible RV Page, link below:
We bought this RV in Jan 2017 from the original owner's estate, as the original owner passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly. The RV had 1230 miles on it (400 miles and ONE trip by owner, the rest were delivery miles) when we picked it up from a repair facility where the Cummins generator needed a new carburetor; and a new chassis battery was installed. I figured no big deal, the thing is like new.
There was no warranty when I bought it......(this will come up later)
So, we drive it home (360 miles) and take it to a local campsite a couple times with no real issues. Then the nightmare began.....issues listed in order from beginning
- Power Roll Up Door gets jammed
- Wheelchair Lift has dead spot, must give it a push to get past dead spot
- Ignition Interlock system not working properly, we need to shut off coach battery for RV to start.
- Levelers would not retract no matter what, not even manually! Had to jack up and remove levelers to get home
- Major Chassis Power Issues - RV was running and leveled but when we pushed retract on levelers, all chassis power died, engine stalled, etc.
- Chassis Battery switch LED light will not come on now
- Power Steps work sometimes
I have been very disappointed with Winnebago and their lack of support. I understand it is out of their 1yr warranty, but given this specialty vehicle, I really hoped they would do more. Matter of fact, they could not even provide me the wiring diagram of the RV. I know they have wiring diagrams on their website, but they do not include all the accessible equipment wiring.
Sorry to vent....I love the RV when it is working, but that has not been the case