Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-25-2022, 03:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Angry Privacy Curtain Replacement

Hi everyone,
I have a 2007 Winnebago Sightseer, on a 26p Workhorse chassis and I need to replace the front windshield privacy curtains. I have searched the web for replacements with no luck. Winnebago wasn't any help at all saying they don't sell soft goods (curtains, etc.) and didn't have a better source. So, I'm hoping that someone out there has had similar issues and discovered a solution or at least have suggestions.
Thanks in advance for any guidance or advice you can provide.

Dave
dave_denn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 05:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Depends somewhat on what you have to start with? Do you have the snaps, clipsor whatever we call them that attach the curtain toteh RV?
That is a big place to start if you do as then itis just a pretty simple thing for any custom drapery person to add the material, assuming it is not something you want so thick their machine won't sew it. Really thick stuff a sewing machine won't do it?

My wife has experience as a custom drapery person and has sold or made a number of replacements for different vehicles.
Maybe do a search for local folks who make drapery, pillows, upholstery and ask what they think?
If the attachments or track, etc. is gone, then you have to sort for some which match each other and can be replaced on the RV.

Boat shops, perhaps have sources?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 07:12 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

We solved that problem by getting some Reflectix from Home Depot. Lowes may carry it too. It's a thin - about 1/4" - insulating material with silver Mylar on each side and comes in rolls. There are at least a couple widths available, so be sure to get the one that best covers the windows and windshield. The trick is to cut the stuff to fit snuggly. It's been a few years, but If I remember right, I carefully measured the exact lengths and widths and added 1/4". It cuts easily with a good pair of scissors. We cut pieces to fit all the windows in our Minnie Winnie, but normally use only the ones for the windshield and cab side windows. The price of the Reflectix is reasonable, and a bonus feature is that it reflects the sun and heat, helping to make the life of your air conditioner a little easier.
Old 07-26-2022, 10:14 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Privacy Curtain Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Depends somewhat on what you have to start with? Do you have the snaps, clipsor whatever we call them that attach the curtain toteh RV?
That is a big place to start if you do as then itis just a pretty simple thing for any custom drapery person to add the material, assuming it is not something you want so thick their machine won't sew it. Really thick stuff a sewing machine won't do it?

My wife has experience as a custom drapery person and has sold or made a number of replacements for different vehicles.
Maybe do a search for local folks who make drapery, pillows, upholstery and ask what they think?
If the attachments or track, etc. is gone, then you have to sort for some which match each other and can be replaced on the RV.

Boat shops, perhaps have sources?
Thanks for that idea. I have the new strip that attaches to the sliding channel on the motorhome, I just new fabric and have the strip sewn onto it. I’ll check out drapery shops, etc.
dave_denn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 04:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

If you run into reluctance, the suggestion for a boat upholstery shop was a good one. They won't be afraid of a challenge, and they have machines which can handle heavier materials.
MadMaxWinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 04:22 PM   #6
04 Journey since 09-17

Front curtains with track intact

I ordered front privacy curtains from RVSUPPLYWAREHOUSE.com for my 2004 Journey in August 2020. Excellent experience. Great customer service if you feel unsure about measuring. I advise that a half inch short in height is better than half inch long dragging. As to price - I had a freebie since my previous stiff and stained ivory crepe was torn on a breakin so insurance paid.
RVMJR52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 05:50 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

https://www.google.com/search?q=rv+w...client=gws-wiz

Retired "Quiet Professional". Lifetime HSUS and ASPCA member and supporter.
71_340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 08:18 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I found this site that has replacement track and sliders and can also make custom curtains. I need the little plastic sliders that the curtain mounts to. They have 41 different styles. I think mine are one of the syles they have listed but I am away from the coach so not sure. Check them out at recmar.com

https://www.recmar.com/curtains/bunk...-curtains.html
unaffiliated is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement