Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 12:54 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Political correctness - who decides?

Whenever I mention environemental concerns in a post a "moderator" from Texas decides it is inappropriate. How did it come to this where a pro environment comment is subject to rebuke and banning a member of the forum?

Last post I will be making as the right wing politics of the moderator is not something I care to put up with when I can avoid it by avoiding this forum.
Old 01-03-2022, 02:40 PM   #2
Site Team

We are an rving forum and the site rules clearly call out several topic areas that are off limits. These include politically charged posts, weaponry and religious discussions. Here's a link: https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ork&page=rules

Moderators are tasked to manage the forum to the standard of those rules and they act as a committee. One moderator may be the bearer of the message but these issues are considered by the group prior to action or reviewed after the fact.

Frankly, our moderators hold a wide variety of views and often have to set aside their own personal views to manage the board to the standard set out in the site rules - it's a tough gig and you can help by understanding that RVers come in all size and shapes and have widely held beliefs. There are plenty of good places on the web to have discussions on those topics but not many places to discuss Winnie topics.

Thanks for understanding.