Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-14-2021, 06:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Plastic chip guard

Has anyone else have a problem with mold behind the chip guard on the front of the mh. Is it possible to repair. I have a 2014 Itasca sunova.
Tom Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 05:57 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I have a 2012 Itaska Suncruiser, with the same issue. Removing the protective film, seems to be the only answer. Fortunately, the paint underneath hasn't been affected. Removing the film is a tedious time consuming process.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 10:09 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

No but I didn.t realize I had it on the front of my Journey. There are bugs stuck to it and chips in the plastic only. So I will be going through removing it ...ugh
HollywoodGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 04:18 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Exactly how did you do it? Did you use a heat gun maybe? How did the paint look when you took it off? Would like to try it this summer. Thanks for all your help.
Tom Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 07:02 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Removing the film is a very tedious task. I live in Florida and learned that there is an ideal temperature to remove the film. Too cool and the adhesive is hard, too hot and the film tares too easily to remove.I could never reach that level of temperature control with a heat gun. I relied on outside temperature and sun impact. After removing the film, it was necessary to use an adhesive solvent to remove the glue. Not a task for the faint of heart. If you're retired with a lot of free time, it is doable. EDIT There are plastic scraper razors available online, that are necessary for removing the film.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote