Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2005, 10:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Finally I got some pictures posted to our web site of our coach. There are also some of the Datatstorm installation.

John

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:39 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Finally I got some pictures posted to our web site of our coach. There are also some of the Datatstorm installation.

John

Old 06-04-2005, 11:19 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Hey John -

Guess I can quit trying to spy it through the trees! Looks great! Boy, I wish I could afford one of those 400hp stickers...

I'm sure you and Jane have many happy miles ahead. Enjoy!
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 01:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Great pics, John! Makes our 35 footer look like a shrimp! Happy traveling!

Rose
Old 06-04-2005, 03:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

John,

Just checked out the pics of the new coach. It is great but I do have one issue. It appears as though the exhaust tip on that big 400 is dirty. Let's get that puppy buffed out and up to standards. Who is going to be feeding the Koi when you two are on the road?

03 Horizon 39QD
Rick Buddrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 04:21 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick Buddrus:
Just checked out the pics of the new coach. It is great but I do have one issue. It appears as though the exhaust tip on that big 400 is dirty. Let's get that puppy buffed out and up to standards. Who is going to be feeding the Koi when you two are on the road? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Rick - the coach is getting dirty and the salesman didn't say anything about that. I don't know if I should call Freightliner or Winnebago

Actually we are going to be fulltimers we hope beginning about late summer/early fall. Have a contract on the house already - I hate to see my dream shop go and Jane loses her dream kitchen but we are ready to bail out of Florida.

The koi are fine for up to a week usually without intervention because of the automatic feeder and the filtration systems. We always have a house sitter though when we leave. Too many things can go wrong!

Old 06-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Great pictures!! Hope all goes well with your plans for fulltiming.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:25 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

John the coach looks great. Take your time and all of your problems will be resolved. Happy miles and
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:26 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

John the coach looks great. Take your time and all your problems will be resolved. (?) Good miles and
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 05:47 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

John,

Forgot to ask earlier - how do you like the Datastorm? I know the upload speeds are much like dial-up and not very useful for sending multi-megabyte email attachments, etc.

Bill Adams said, if you're accustomed to landbased broadband, it might be a bit disappointing, but it's the best thing out there for mobile use. I'm really just interested in using it for general browsing, research, email, etc. How do find it for that use?
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 06:11 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Tom - Actually the asymmetrical nature (download speed about 10-12 times faster than upload) of the connectivity works great for general browsing and email.

I maintain a couple of web sites and will continue to do so after we start fulltiming so I'll bet the limitations on the upload side will become more of an issue. But I anticipate having lots of free time to wait!

Another aspect is the "Fair Access Policy" - there is actually a formula about how many bytes you can download in a certain period of time. It is quite a bit - I think 700 Mbytes in a few hour period. If you exceed this you get locked out for a certain perion of time. From what I have read, this is rarely an issue in most circumstances.

I'll have a much better feel for the Datastorm after we get to use it a few times. Unfortunately trees at the house completely block it and the King Dome, so we have to move to play (but that's what the coach is for afterall

John