Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-16-2022, 05:36 PM   #1
GRADUM

Parts to identify ITASCA 2000 SUNCRUISER

Hello. I bought an old 2000 ITASCA SUNCRUISER 32V motorhome last fall.
I found a part in a chest that I can't identify. This part was previously removed by the previous owner. An identical part was left under the hood. I removed this part because it seemed useless to me because it was loose and didn't seem to hold anything.
These two parts to identify and find their function or usefulness are located close to the rear of the headlights. It seems to me that this part is a support for the front headlights.
I noticed that the headlights (right and left) seems a bit loose i.e. the headlights move a bit when the motorhome is driven.

Do you have any idea what they are used for? Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	support à phares.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	301.0 KB
ID:	181731  
GRADUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 05:47 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Those used to hold the headlight panel in. I bet if you open the hood and look down you'll find bungee cords or some other arrangement holding the panel in.

(Same setup was used on Adventurers and Suncruisers of the era. Adventurers got 4 square headlights, Suncruiser 4 round. Front caps were the same. Just the panel between and around the headlights was different.)

The parts catalog does kind of show them (had to look at the 2002 one, 2000 doesn't call them out). I attached a picture, Item #19 shows one half of the set.

And, you're not alone: unknown part found
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Parts.png
Views:	42
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	181732  

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 06:19 PM   #3
GRADUM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
Those used to hold the headlight panel in. I bet if you open the hood and look down you'll find bungee cords or some other arrangement holding the panel in.
Yes, you are right. The headlights on the driver's side are attached with tie-wraps.

[QUOTE=tderonne;3911858](Same setup was used on Adventurers and Suncruisers of the era. Adventurers got 4 square headlights, Suncruiser 4 round. Front caps were the same. Just the panel between and around the headlights was different.)/QUOTE]
That's right. 4 round headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
The parts catalog does kind of show them (had to look at the 2002 one, 2000 doesn't call them out). I attached a picture... Item #19
There is no picture attached.
Where can I find this parts catalog? Thank you in advance.
Old 01-16-2022, 06:21 PM   #4
GRADUM

Ok for the picture. I see the picture now. Sorry about that.

Tags
itasca, parts, suncruiser