Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2021, 08:09 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Clean the exterior with Bar Keepers Friend, then wash it with TSP, then put 5 coats of ZEP self shining floor polish and it will look like new. My Gelcoat was faded and looked terrible. I taped around my decals and painted them. Took some time but the exterior looks as it did when it was new. I have a 2001 Winnebago Journey. Also get samples from the motor oil and transmission oil. Send it to Blackstone Labs (Google them) 25.00 per sample. They will give you an outstanding report. Great selling item, puts buyer at ease about the large ticket repair items. Good luck, it it looks good and mechanically sound it will sell fast.
Cajunmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 08:16 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

For those either with a Mercedes or thinking about getting one and frightened by the service costs. DIY. Its simple. You will need a scanner to reset all of those electronic messages and warnings Mercedes likes to scare you with. But it only cost 125.00. Those services (look them up) are mostly fluid and filter changes and 90% of the other services are just looking around for leaks or bad belts. Its just maintenance. We have a 2018 Benz car. I took it to the dealer for the A1 service. 950.00!!! Went to a Benz shop that is not affiliated he was 630.00!!! Bought the scanner 125.00 and the fluids and filters for 65.00. No reason to have dealers do maintenance. Its mostly a scare tactic designed to invent business in their service centers while they try to sell you upgrades, tires, dent removal and new cars. Sad but true. Good luck.
Cajunmech is offline   Reply With Quote