Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2006, 05:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

The one thing on my wish list for the 08 Vectra..double the shower size! Please! I am 6'2, 200 lbs former football player and I barley fit in the Vectra shower. In fact I looked at Monaco's, Newmars and Fleetwood products and everyone makes the shower for children! The only shower I saw at the RV dealer that was close to my size was in an Alfa See-Ya Gold. Please Winnebago, make your showers bigger even if you need to cut out a cubic foot or two out of the bedroom!

08 Monaco Dynasty Renaissance IV
montanaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

The one thing on my wish list for the 08 Vectra..double the shower size! Please! I am 6'2, 200 lbs former football player and I barley fit in the Vectra shower. In fact I looked at Monaco's, Newmars and Fleetwood products and everyone makes the shower for children! The only shower I saw at the RV dealer that was close to my size was in an Alfa See-Ya Gold. Please Winnebago, make your showers bigger even if you need to cut out a cubic foot or two out of the bedroom!

08 Monaco Dynasty Renaissance IV
montanaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I agree the standard RV shower is a bit small. That was one reason we wanted a model with a "garden tub" ...the shower is kind of 3-sided. I am just under 6' and just over 200 lb and fit quite nicely even with our homemade skylight cover in place. You would want the skylight cover removed. Our shower will even fit two "friendly" folks if desired!
Old 06-19-2006, 04:39 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

By golly I have an Itasca 32-V, I am 6'3" 225 lbs and am not a former football player, (did bale a lot of hay). I have no problem with the shower in my rig at all, plenty of room. This was one of the first areas I checked out before buying, the bed was #2.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:38 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I guess I am also one of the lucky ones. Our shower is very comfortable too. But, I agree that Winnebago and most other manufacturers would do well to provide larger shower/tubs in most of the floor plans.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:51 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I agree, a larger shower is a MUST in a design and I'll be there are alot of folks who would do without some sq. footage elsewhere to have it.

1. Must have a king bed
2. Must have a shower that doesn't make me a "tube" cleaner.
jtharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:10 PM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

One thing the 40KD does have is a big shower and it even has a king bed....

I realize a lot of you folks are speaking of gas floorplans,just wanted to make the floorplan reference...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:52 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Homer:
By golly I have an Itasca 32-V, I am 6'3" 225 lbs and am not a former football player, (did bale a lot of hay). I have no problem with the shower in my rig at all, plenty of room. This was one of the first areas I checked out before buying, the bed was #2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You sound like me, Homer, that was the first place I got into before purchasing our coach. Enough room for us. Ford V-10 was second.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:24 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I'm not exactly small, but I can live with the shower in our Sightseer. However, the toilet is something else. The sheer distance from the back to the front is several inches too small for me to sit on comfortably and have both, ahem, items of plumbing work comfortably - if you know what I mean. I'd vote for a more standard size toilet before changing out the shower. Even 5" would be a significant help!
Old 06-22-2006, 03:51 AM   #10
iRV2 Marketing

I've been in some 40 foot motorhomes with showers so small even Superman wouldn't be able to change his outfit in there. One more observation is that a lot of the other guys buy shower enclosures and have to make them fit. Winnebago Industries makes their own and they have greater control over fit and finish. Winnebago showers by in large are solid feeling. The other guys - well I've seen the back wall on the shower enclosure move as much as inch and a half when you pulled on the shower handles or pushed on the walls. Forget about the spongy floor!

This is our second Winnebago garden tub shower enclosure and we're liking this thing a lot. So do the grand kids because they can take a bath. Before we got into our 1st motorhome we had a Terry 5th wheel and it had a corner garden tub so we knew which direction we wanted to go with a shower enclosure as far back as 1996.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote