Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Not much inventory for sale

I was thinking of going back to a class A again. I thought the Class C was going to get a couple better miles to the gal which is true until you pull the tow car and then it's maybe one mile per gallon better on avg. I have decided the bigger truck chassis is the better way for me to go. I really miss the A.

So, I have been looking and it seems that inventory is way down and I have even seen some 2009 leftovers but they are as much as the new 2011's.
I still have to sell the C over the winter and need it for fall so I have time.
Do you think spring is the best time to buy or summer? I got a really good deal late august on this rv but then again there was more inventory and the economy was much better a few years ago.
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We just came out of 3 diesels and were thinking about a class C but ended up with a 31' Winnebago Sunstar on the Ford chassis. So far we are very pleased with the coach. We sold our last two motorhomes on "RV Trader on line" and they both sold in the Feb/March time frame. I put them both up for sale in September. I found the new 2009 Sunstar in March, at a large dealer in Texas, from an ad they had on another web site. It turned out to be a great deal. Good luck with your sale and purchase. John
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I am getting to tired of using blocks to level and the c chassis is really not sufficient to be able to carry the extra pounds. Plus I would love to have the outside storage back ... I have the big storage area in back now that is as much as the old adventureer bins but you can not organize stuff as well and you end up taking a bunch of stuff out to get at something.
Gas coach is the way for me.
I just looked at a sightseer 31 with two slides and liked it. Almost a duplicate to my old adventurer with the addition of slides on street side. I don't want slides curb side so that fit the bill. 31 is a good size I think as I do quite a few national parks and forests that you cannot get a huge rig into as easy.

Only problem with the sightseer that I looked at was no drivers door but there is lots of time to look.

I would guess the economy is mostly to blame for the lack of inventory?
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

The 31 Sightseer was the other floor plan we were looking for. I think you would like it. My Sunstar came with auto levelers---work great! When you are ready to buy--there will be a coach out there with your name on it!!! Good Luck! John
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Back to an "A" from a "C"

Hi All - we also have been looking for a few months now - sold our Class C which was a "downsize" from our Class A Damon Challenger - dissapointed in the overall performance and quality of the rig we bought - sold it and just made an offer on a 2005 Sightseer 29R - this floor plan/model wasn't even on our radar until 2 popped up on Craigslist in our area - same model and year - so they are out there you just have to keep looking - we found it helped to focus our search on the floor plan/model we wanted and just kept looking on all venues.

Good luck!
cinbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Don't rule out used Class A's. Our Classifieds section has a very nice selection of late model, gently used units. Take a peek.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:18 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I sold my 37B Adventurer in May. Mainly because I didn't like big debt hanging over my head. I started out with a 32V Adventure 8 years ago. If it would have had a bedroom slide, we might still own it. We felt we needed something bigger to spend 6 months in. I don't why but last winter spending 6 months in it lost it's luster. Spending over 5 months in AZ just wasn't that much fun any more.
We came back to MN & I put it in Craigs list & it sold within a few days! I missed going to the lake & camping. I started to think about a class C or B+. Just something to spend up to a month max in. To pull a 4000 lb. toad you have to get the E450 Ford starting in 2003. This is the same V10 used in the class A with just a few pounds less to haul. I'm right back to that 32V!
I'm still looking for class c or b+ under 30 ft. long. Right now it's a sellers market & I'm just not going to over pay. My wife & went to look at some used class c's at a dealer. Mainly to compare models & makes. While we were looking, 5 other senior couples were looking at the same rigs. That ended any thoughts about driving home in one! Looks like I go the winter without.