Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-28-2021, 10:21 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New Winnie owner With some basic questions

Just picked up my first RV and after tons of research Winnie was definitely the way to go for us
(This is a mini Winnie 2019 31G)
I know these are probably some basic questions but after the walk-through I was pretty overwhelmed so please be patient I’m sure some of these are really simple

When driving we want to use the DVD player it does not Power on I thought the house batteries would run it is there a switch that I need to turn on somewhere I don’t think we run the generator while driving?

I want to install a small TV in the hallway where the bunkbeds are but the backing seems like really flimsy would woolly bracket be good enough to keep it in place a 19 inch TV probably only weighs three or 4 pounds I just don’t want to do any serious damage

Call the kitchen table seats do not have there straps I think they were broken off by the original owner does anyone have any quick solutions or is there a good website to find replacement cushions

Thank you everyone for your help I will definitely be on here every day trying to catch up on what I need to
Damienwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:50 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Damien,
The 2019 Minnie Winnie 31G is certainly not miniature; don't you think? In the 2019 model year, the 12 VDC to 120 VAC 1,000 watt inverter was an option, so if you do not have that, neither the house DVD player nor the TVs can be operated on battery power. The dash-mounted DVD player cannot be operated unless the parking brake is set.
If you install another TV, you must tie-into existing structure, or add structure. The dynamic load of just ten pounds can turn into one hundred pounds of force on what is only a thin veneer.
Find a shop which does either automotive or boat upholstery and get the straps repaired by a professional.
Welcome to the Forum.
Eagle5
Old 02-28-2021, 10:54 AM   #3
Site Team

For safety (and I think federal law) the DVD player does not play when the RV is not in Park. I'm assuming the DVD player is built into the dash radio.

Running the generator while driving is perfectly fine and most folks do this during hot days so that the RV A/C can run and cool off the interior before you arrive at your destination. If you arrive with the RV interior at 97 degrees it won't cool off for a number of hours with only one A/C.

The walls are super thin plywood (1/8") and the "studs" are thin as well usually 1X1" or 1X2". So, the manufacturer has put blocking behind the walls where they think you'd want to mount things. So, unless you see a sticker on the wall that it has that blocking, or if the wall you want to hang something heavier than a picture frame backs up to someplace that allows you access to the inside the wall without being seen then you're correct it probably won't hold.

The furniture and cushions are all custom made for your RV as there are no standard sizes of things. You could measure and might get lucky. I'm not sure what "straps" you're talking about. But local upholstery shops can make just about anything. However, they like to charge a pretty penny for stuff so be sure to get a firm quote up front.

Hope this helps.

ENJOY!
Old 02-28-2021, 11:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thank you very much for your quick reply do you have a link of the inverter that I would need
Old 02-28-2021, 11:11 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you again for your quick reply the DVD player is the one that is for the living area with the TV in the same area as well
Another poster mentioned that my unit does not have an inverter so that is probably the solution
Old 02-28-2021, 11:14 AM   #6
Site Team

Hi Damien,
Mine has a 1,000 Watt inverter, installed by the factory. You can look-up parts for Winnebago here.
Eagle5
Old 02-28-2021, 12:19 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

TV/DVD

First timer user

Ok we are parked w generator on- everything works but TV dvd doesn’t power on.
What am I forgetting? It always works when plugged into a 110
Old 02-28-2021, 01:59 PM   #8
Site Team

Your DVD will be plugged into an outlet somewhere nearby. Please unplug it and confirm that the outlet does have 120 VAC power. If it does not, check the circuit breaker. If the outlet does have power, leave your DVD unplugged for a minute, thereby resetting your DVD player. Also, check to assure that the remote controller has good AA batteries. Some of the DVDs seem to need to be powered-up by pressing the DVD player's power button itself; not just the controller button.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:14 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Yes it is plugged in right above the couch.
It does work- but ONLY when we plug in our whole rig into an power outlet.
Kinda sucks that living room TV/DVD has no use except when plugged into our home outlet.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:18 PM   #10
Site Team

Unplug it and plug something else into the outlet. See if the outlet is bad.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:21 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damienwong View Post
Yes it is plugged in right above the couch.
It does work- but ONLY when we plug in our whole rig into an power outlet.
Kinda sucks that living room TV/DVD has no use except when plugged into our home outlet.
On generator pretty much everything should work like when plugged in to shore power. Now, if it's on inverter that won't be the case but usually the plug for the TV always is powered.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:14 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Got one problem solved

So the house plug we had plugged into our garage
Apparently we need to plug back into Itself when not in use!
Rookie mistake.

Anyways- now we need an invertor!
Any suggestions?
Old 02-28-2021, 07:31 PM   #13
Site Team

Hi Damien,
I used the link above to find the parts which might be that which will retrofit your unit, but I really don't know exactly all you will need to order. I would go into a dealership and ask them to install it for you. Maybe somebody here has done it. Below is a list of possible parts you might need.
On my 2019 22M, I toggle a switch, and three of my outlets become hot (two TV outlets and one by the aft Queen Slide-out.)
Eagle5
318692-01-000 1,000 Watt Inverter
318693-01-000 Inverter Switch-Transfer, 15 amp
321279-01-CHT ASM Inverter Cover
321280-01-CHT Formed Inverter Cover
322347-01-CHT Formed Inverter Panel
322348-01-CHT Formed Inverter Panel