Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-06-2019, 04:07 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Lots of quality control issues with my 2018 vista 27pe. Decided to sell it and will never buy another Winnebago...at least not a new one!!! Sorry about your issues.
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:33 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

dave, I wish i had never bought mine,but I think if i try to sell it now ,Im going to take a big hit.We are thinking of contacting a lawyer.
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 02:23 PM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

Hi Broad ST-

We also had "motor cover (dog box) comes flying of while running 65 mph" on us for several trips. I cannot seem to locate the allen wrench or the spots to tighten it down. Did you ever figure out how to effectively attach the dog box?
HouseWWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:03 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

I have removed mine and installed noico 80mil sound deadened for insulation. Reduced noise and hot foot while driving. Where the hump meets the floor there should be a hole about 3-5 inches on the right hand side. Flip upside down and you should find it. Look underneath and you will also find a couple of metal brackets. Right side up align the brackets reinstall and use hex head Allen wrench insert through hole and lock the dog house in place. I believe I used either a 1/4” or 5/16” hex head to reattach. Must have a long shank hex to engage.
Old 07-15-2021, 07:05 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

I bought my 2005 Minnie Winnie 30 last year for $23k with 13,000 miles on it. Of course i put money into tires, shocks, suspension add-ons, but all the systems worked fine except the junky Onan genset,

We have been wildly impressed with the build quality of this RV. Everywhere i look is solid construction, good workmanship and good materials. Needless to say, the Ford ends of it is excellent.

From what i hear about new units, I'm really glad we're bought used.
DesertRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 09:20 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

The dog house is attached by 2 screws on either side near the front, and one hex about 3-4 inches off center on the back side. The allen can be found by running your finger along the carpet about 1/2 inch off the floor. You should feel a hole/depression where the wrench goes in.

Our wrench came in the package from Winnebago/Dealer with the V-10 engine sticker, and other electronic harnesses. It is long on both sides, unlike a regular hex wrench.

San Francisco Bay Area
sundog964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago