Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2018, 05:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New to this dog show....need parts for 99 Minnie

Just picked up a 99 Minnie, was looking to see if there is a good source of parts for these rvs. The toilet is looking its age and would like to replace it.
brcree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 06:19 PM   #2

Oh, fairly old. Let me research. Where have you looked? But I’m a “if’n it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” guy.” Personally I prefer dog AND pony shows.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Colaw RV Salvage, Carthage, MO.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:56 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks rk911......yeah forgot the PONEY part.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:57 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Yeah a bit old but its good enough for what I gave for it and the shape its in. didn't have 20,000 to put into one.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:37 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Most of the parts aside from cabinet work and the like are pretty generic, including toilets and other fixtures. A lot of things, like the converter are much better now. Modern converters are much more battery friendly with multi-stage charging (put this on your list even if your current converter is OK).

You'll probably find that the new toilet will have a different footprint which will probably lead to new vinyl in the bathroom which is probably something you'll want to do in any case. Toilets are relatively inexpensive so I wouldn't recommend the salvage route. And get a porcelain one if at all possible, they're not that much more expensive.

If you want like-for-like, you can probably ID your toilet and it may be available, if not from Winnebago, from other sources. When I was replacing the one in my 2002 Suncruiser, I could have purchased like-for-like but I wanted a different style.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:59 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks BobC......the exact info I was looking for. Will be replacing old carpet with high grade linoleum. And yes the carpet in toilet area too. That's just nasty, would never put carpet there. The orig generator has a lot of hours on it. Doesn't work at the moment. P.O. tried to revive it but, it only lasted 100 hours before giving up the ghost. We wont be doing any camping in the near future that would rely on it anyway.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:02 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

another item I want to fix soon are the auto steps. P.O said the motor was ok but the steps don't move when they should. any ideas on this?
Old 05-30-2018, 12:03 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

This is the toilet I installed:

https://www.campingworld.com/dometic...IaAsn8EALw_wcB

As far as the steps are concerned, if the motor runs automatically when it the door opens, it must have something to do with the linkage that operates the steps. If you're lucky, it could be as simple as a missing screw or bolt.

If it doesn't run automatically but only when power is directly applied to the motor (making the steps operate), it likely has to do with the sensing/switching mechanism, wiring, etc.

There may be something here to help you with your steps:

https://www.google.com/search?q=auto...hrome&ie=UTF-8

I've found that using Google to search gets better results than Winnieowners' built-in search function using this format on your browser's address bar:

search terms site:winnieowners.com

Hang in there, I bought my 2002 Suncruiser 35U in November and I'm still working on it and spending money. I'm getting new tires tomorrow.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Replacement toilets are readily available and simple to install. You probably have a Thetford brand. Do a Google search to find what you want and they'll put it on your doorstep. We just replaced the old unit in our 2003 33L as it had a cracked valve from freezing (I think). We bought it used and it had spent it's life in Minnesota. That part was available but the seal at the base of the bowl was also shot. We bought a better one that has a ceramic bowl. Very nice. It's held on with 2 accessible bolts has one water line to connect. Piece of cake!
Trophyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 06:35 PM   #11

Great and encouraging report, Trophy! I agree many of these replacements can be completed by the RVer.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts