Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2021, 09:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New to RVing - 2019 Travato 59K

Hello All,
We are the proud owners of a 2019 Winnebago Travato 59K. We have not had the RV on a trip yet. I'm wondering if anyone has developed a checklist to install campground resources and remove them upon time to leave. Are there any required sequences.

We're still researching but any assistance is appreciated. I'm willing to share anything I come up with.

Thanks,

Bob
Calhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 01:48 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I am not aware of any protocols. I go with level first, then electric, then water, then cable. I only connected sanitation IF we are getting full and plan to dump there. No need to fuss with that mess every time. That's why we have holding tanks.
DesertRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 02:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Other possibly useful info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhobo View Post
Hello All,
We are the proud owners of a 2019 Winnebago Travato 59K. We have not had the RV on a trip yet. I'm wondering if anyone has developed a checklist to install campground resources and remove them upon time to leave. Are there any required sequences.

We're still researching but any assistance is appreciated. I'm willing to share anything I come up with.
Based on your post I'm assuming you are new to RVing, if not you probably won't get anything useful out of the following.

We have a 2016 Winnebago Era, quite a different RV from your Travato. That said, here is a link to a post I wrote for someone that bought a used Era. Not the checklist you were inquiring about, but some of the info may be useful for you - things like leveling, surge suppressors, fuses, tools, Wi-Fi, etc.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...0c-361663.html
Old 07-23-2021, 03:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We purchased the Hughes Watchdog surger suppressor for our past Travatos. We still use it with our present class C. It has saved us serious damage to one of our Travatos due to a bad neutral. There’s a lot of different manufacturers, but we like this one because it has Bluetooth capability to monitor your voltage and energy use. Plus you can replace the surge suppressors inside should something happen. It will analyze the power coming into your RV before you connect to the Coach.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 04:01 PM   #5
Site Team

You'll find a lot of Travato videos on YouTube - many of them are 59K specific.

Here's a setup video by a guy that has a Sprinter based RV but I don't think it's a Travato. It's not perfect he does some unusual things, but mostly it's on point and it gives you an idea of how some folks do this:

Old 07-28-2021, 04:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We've been RVing now for almost 30 years, class B owners for the last 8. Travato K owners for 3.5 years. We also have an early 2019 model year production unit.
No real need to hook anything up but your power cord at the CG. That's what you have a fresh water tank and pump for. That's the way we roll since we've had a class B, and our previous C also. Disconnecting and going are a piece of cake and fast if need be. We dump as needed, and have never hooked a hose to our city water connection.

For electrical safety, we have this surge suppressor: https://www.progressiveindustries.net the PT-30X. Be sure to shop around. Amazon is not the cheapest place to buy this one or most any one
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 04:38 PM   #7
Vietnam Veteran 1967-1970

UnitedRV has that same Surge Protector for 249.00, Amazon 279.00. Ken S
Joshua 24:15
GBFANKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:47 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

There are reminder strips (Camco RV Steering Wheel Check bands) to attach to the steering wheel that function as a checklist. Helps when you may think that your significant other unplugged from shore power, sewer, etc and they think that you took care of it.
Elkman is offline   Reply With Quote