Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2006, 02:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

This was an easy project for me - I supervised and wrote the check

We just this morning had an aluminum sliding basement tray installed at the Innovative Industries factory in Antigo, Wisconsin. It's not a large company - looked like there were maybe twenty employees; not being large meant they were easy to do business with! Their primary market are sliding trays and folding steps for fire trucks (or emergency vehicles) and I think they said ambulance builders.

Now that hard-to-get-to space in the pass-through basement storage is easily accessable.

See the write up and pictures on the RV pages of JaneAndJohn.org

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

This was an easy project for me - I supervised and wrote the check

We just this morning had an aluminum sliding basement tray installed at the Innovative Industries factory in Antigo, Wisconsin. It's not a large company - looked like there were maybe twenty employees; not being large meant they were easy to do business with! Their primary market are sliding trays and folding steps for fire trucks (or emergency vehicles) and I think they said ambulance builders.

Now that hard-to-get-to space in the pass-through basement storage is easily accessable.

See the write up and pictures on the RV pages of JaneAndJohn.org

Old 05-02-2006, 03:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hey John,

Good call, good company and great little town. Did you stay at the town park while you were there? Great little campground with all the hookups. Nice environment, clean and easy walking distance to everything.We visited last year and are going again in a couple weeks.
Junior 913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:48 PM   #4

John,

We had them installed last month. Aren't they great? Now we can utilize the space and not have to climb in or remove everything in front to get to the stuff in the back. Makes loading and unloading a lot easier too.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

John,

Looks great. Makes me wish I had a pass through storage area so I could have one too.

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
AdrianLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:58 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Junior:
Good call, good company and great little town. Did you stay at the town park while you were there? Great little campground with all the hookups. Nice environment, clean and easy walking distance to everything.We visited last year and are going again in a couple weeks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Great looking little town - I wish we could have looked around for a while; we certainly got the looks driving the coach around the town.

We spent the night behind the factory; they only had 20 amp power available and we didn't have a 20 amp adapter so we got to put some time on the gen set. It looked safe so I wasn't too concerned about being there.

Tomorrow we are off to Forest City - I'm looking forward to eating at The Lodge again Eat your heart out Bob G.

Old 05-04-2006, 03:05 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Hey John and Jane,

It looks like the Slide tray you had installed may be a slight bit shorter (in height) then the factory unit we have. It also looks to be made out of aluminum. Very nice.

I also peeked at your web sight and saw the dimmers you installed on the spot lights in the bedroom. Those little lights can be a bit overpowering can't they!

In our bedroom we also moved the dimmer circuit control to our small puck lights above the closet doors and removed it from the overhead dome light. We did not feel in necessary to dim the main room light. We like the dimmer on the puck lights, you can dim them down when you watch tv, and they are not glaring in your eyes.

good work!

Cheers!

2004 Horizon 40AD
BucknJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:27 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Hey John, Give Jill a big Hug from Jeff and I.

Buck

2004 Horizon 40AD
BucknJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:34 AM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John_Canfield:
Tomorrow we are off to Forest City - I'm looking forward to eating at The Lodge again Eat your heart out Bob G. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Already mentioned this in an email to John, but I'M JEALOUS!!!

Seems everyone knows Jill....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:47 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BucknJeff:
Hey John, Give Jill a big Hug from Jeff and I.
Buck </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Jill has quite a memory - she remembered our names from two weeks ago - however- maybe we were memorable because of the "Bob and Jim" and "Jane and John" breakfast show

Bob and Jim (well, mostly Bob) would tease her like the boys used to tease the girls in the 5th grade. Everybody loved it and all had a good time. Bob did make Jill turn red a couple of times and left a good tip to ensure that Jill wouldn't be calling 1-800-sue-someone. (Come to think of it, I think Jill made me turn red once)

I'll get a picture of Jill Monday morning and share with everybody.

Old 05-05-2006, 02:35 PM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

Bob and Jim (well, mostly Bob) would tease her like the boys used to tease the girls in the 5th grade.

If you remember correctly,she did her "share" of returning fire....

Actually John, her "biggest tip" was the morning we were late for breakfast and she "mysteriously" made those muffins and the coffee appear...
Old 05-06-2006, 06:24 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

John,

Maybe I missed the post but how did the dimmers on the bed reading lights work out?

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 05-06-2006, 06:29 AM   #13
Administrator Emeritus

Adrian,

You haven't missed anything as HERE'S the dimmer forum where John said he'll post a progress report....

I'm sure he and Jane are busy with all that geocaching and renewing their search for fine wine in Forest City....

Other than that MD stuff and Riunute,Mogen David,etc...(which certainly aren't fine...), the wine is hard to come by!!
Old 05-06-2006, 02:16 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Adrian - sorry I meant to respond yesterday about the dimmers. We really haven't had one of those "wife reading in the bed and hubby wants to sleep" moments yet, but we have used them a little. I think they will work okay and on their lowest setting, they make a dandy nitelight so you can see to come to bed.

The ultimate solution are the dimmers in conjuction with a map or chart light, but this will be pretty good.

About Bob's remark...
There doesn't seem to a market for any wine costing over about 12 dollars a bottle in Forest City. We don't usually drink wine in the 20 or 30 dollars a bottle category, however it is nice to know that it is available for those weak moments. I particulary like La Crema Chardonnay and it is in the 20$ category - so here we just settle for a good inexpensive Aussie wine and go from there

Old 05-06-2006, 02:43 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Aussie wines are the best reds in the world - now that should start a good argument

Meanwhile, if you get to a place far enough west for a Trader Joes you can get some 2 buck Chuck. Not as good as an Australian, but then it's only 2 bucks and pretty good to boot. I left Las Vegas with a case in the closet

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 05-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #16
Administrator Emeritus

2 buck Chuck....I'm SO afraid to ask...