Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2020, 05:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New Club Member

Hey everyone,
I posted in the new members area but thought I would do it again here since it's official now. My name is Steve, live in north Texas, my Border Collie is Dixie, hence the WinnDixie. She and the wife go with me everywhere I go. Today I traded in my Forest River toy hauler for a 2020 Minnie Winnie Class C 31K. I can't describe how excited I am for our next trip. We'll probably do a short 2-3 day shake down trip first. I'm happy to be part of the Winnebago family and look forward to speaking with you all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NewWinnie.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	296.0 KB
ID:	172778  
WinnDixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:48 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Welcome and congratulations. Shake down trip is always a good idea to get used to a new rig and will be close incase of any problems of which I hope there are non. Safe travels.
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Steve, welcome. A shake down, close trip is a great idea. I did the same with mine. This is a great forum to get ideas. I have not yet attended any Winnebago rallies, but hope to in the future.
rx4fishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:16 PM   #4
Boondocker

I have a 2015 Minnie Winnie 31K and I think it's the best floor plan in a class C! Just a tip... keep a good grip on your coach door if you open it on a windy day... the hinges can bend badly when the door wraps itself around the awning strut on the wall. I have a couple bungee cords hooked from the door grip to the grap bar on the wall, so I don't lose the door. Also, the coach door doesn't swing flat open, so you'll need to buy or fabricate a door retainer that holds the coach door at about 90 degrees to the wall.
Four Seasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Hey Steve,
Take WinnDixie on multiple shakedown trips and even spend days in your own drive if possible to find any performance issues or cosmetic issues. The QC in many of these is a gamble and the warranty service is a roll of dice at best so better to find any anomalies as fast as possible and get em serviced, which is more difficult than medical procedure scheduling!! Costs are at par as well.

North TX is a great place to launch seeing US of A E or W equidistance eh!
Old 02-05-2020, 10:23 PM   #6
Site Team

Since you are moving from a trailer to a motorhome, tell us if you notice the difference in the feeling you get. I always felt that with a trailer, the vacation began once you were all set-up in camp. With a motorhome, it feels like the vacation begins the moment you pull out of the driveway. Do you agree?
The 31K is a Winnie to be sure, but is it really Minnie? That is a big Class C.
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 02-06-2020, 06:06 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Smile Welcome

Welcome to the forum. We have a 2014 31K that we absolutely love. It sleeps two very comfortably and we have plenty of room to take a couple of dogs with us. We really enjoy the extra counter space and find that we have more than enough room for whatever gourmet meal the misses wants me to make. Since owning I have learned a whole bunch of new skills including plumbing, hvac and electrical. So far I have been stumped enough to pull out hair but not enough to where I have had to take it to a professional. Thankfully you found a great group of people and if you run into any issues please feel free to DM me.
pmikolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 05:02 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Catchin' up

Hey everyone, thanks for all the replies and welcome. I thought I would get back to a couple of questions/comments.

Four Seasons: I agree with you on the floor plan for sure! I'm wondering if others had your problem with the door and WB addressed it. Mine has a shock absorber type thing on the bottom of the door that I think is supposed to be a retainer. I think.

Diesel-Lover: I hear ya on the qc question. It couldn't be any worse than the FR toy hauler I had. I pulled that thing all over the western US visiting some way out places to take the dirt bike. That trailer was off-road more than on and it took a pretty good beating. I feel like I could build one at this point.

Eagle5: I will let you know what the differences are as I break this thing in. I agree with you about when the vacation begins. I loved my toy hauler but just being able to get in and go is a big difference. There are a lot of things I won't have to do anymore, like getting the wheel bearings repacked every year. Hooking it up just to go get it safety inspected. The list goes on and on. I still love trailers and fifth wheels but right now this is the right answer for me. I also agree that there is nothing minnie about this class c, but it sure is easy to drive and we love the floor plan.

pmikolon: Thanks for the welcome and offer to help. You mentioned the counter top. When my wife and I first contemplated a 31 ft. motorhome I didn't think we would get one that long. When she saw the kitchen counter it was game over. She said "I'm sure you can handle it, you've been pulling a 29 ft. trailer with a 20 ft. truck so I'm sure you can handle it." See how that works. I wanted this one all along, I'm just now admitting it. :-)
WinnDixie is offline   Reply With Quote