Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-22-2022, 11:32 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New 2023 Winnebago Vista 29V

Just picked this up from Lichtsinn in Forest City, Iowa and drove straight home to San Diego, CA. Very happy with the service and PDI the dealership performed. Next, off to the Arizona desert for New Years!

cloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 11:37 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Cloo,
Super nice! Did you get the sofa/bed or the theater seating?
Eagle5
Old 12-22-2022, 12:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Nice. I always knew it was dumb of WBGO to put the exhaust on passenger side. Glad they finally fixed as I now have vindication.

Also, do you have a Residential fridge? What size Inverter?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 12:53 PM   #4
Site Team

According to the Winnebago website, there are no options available; neither for the refrigerator nor the inverter. Here is what is listed:
  • Large, 2-door 10.0 cu. ft. 12VDC stainless steel refrigerator/freezer
  • 1,000-watt inverter w/remote panel
Old 12-22-2022, 02:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
According to the Winnebago website, there are no options available; neither for the refrigerator nor the inverter. Here is what is listed:
I basically had to do a mod t make my Norcold 12VDC off my OEM 1000 watt Inverter. The propane is a backup that I may use about 25% of the time so I like having both options.

The big difference is that I never need propane while driving due to Inverter, but when I stop I switch to propane to give the batteries a break.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 12-22-2022, 04:29 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Hi Cloo,
Super nice! Did you get the sofa/bed or the theater seating?
Eagle5
I got the theater seating. My wife preferred the sofa but the new version of the theater seats has the center section lift out of the way. Best of both worlds!

Old 12-22-2022, 04:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Yes, that's correct. 12VDC fridge and 1000 sine wave inverter. I did get the solar package that adds a 100W panel to the roof and an MPPT controller but I'll be adding a couple of higher wattage panels off a separate controller and some LiFePO4 batteries (need to re-program converter and also fit a DC-DC charger - probably some other stuff too).
Old 12-22-2022, 04:56 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloo View Post
I got the theater seating. My wife preferred the sofa but the new version of the theater seats has the center section lift out of the way. Best of both worlds!

Do the Theatre seats also flatten down to make a bed? I do like the flexibility. Looks like you lose the shelf and storage compartments behind the sofa if you have the Theatre seats?

Also, I see you have Queen size bed, we have a Queen so you must lose 6" of access space and storage on both sides of the bed.
Old 12-22-2022, 05:02 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Do the Theatre seats also flatten down to make a bed? I do live the flexibility. Looks like you lose the shelf and storage compartments behind the sofa if you have the Theatre seats?

Also, I see you have Queen size bed, we have a Queen so you must lose 6" of access space and storage on both sides of the bed.
No - theater seats don't fold into a bed. They do individually recline - I'm sure that was at the expense of folding flat. The bed is described as an "RV King". Yes, I have very little storage on either side of the bed.

As far as storage behind the couch, it does have some cabinets up top near the ceiling.
Old 12-22-2022, 05:26 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
No - theater seats don't fold into a bed. They do individually recline - I'm sure that was at the expense of folding flat. The bed is described as an "RV King". Yes, I have very little storage on either side of the bed.

As far as storage behind the couch, it does have some cabinets up top near the ceiling.
If I ever get theatre seats, I would like it designed as yours with foldaway cupholders.

I don't think it will fit in my 29ve without cutting out the shelf and storage behind it. We do lay it out flat a lot. It is the second best place to sleep over the Drop down Euro Loft, and the Dinette bench conversion to bed.

I also noticed it looks like they eliminated the MCD shades?

See picture of Queen bed...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20221120_114409.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	184839   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210528_185102.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	184840  

Old 12-22-2022, 06:13 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
If I ever get theatre seats, I would like it designed as yours with foldaway cupholders.

I don't think it will fit in my 29ve without cutting out the shelf and storage behind it. We do lay it out flat a lot. It is the second best place to sleep over the Drop down Euro Loft, and the Dinette bench conversion to bed.

I also noticed it looks like they eliminated the MCD shades?

See picture of Queen bed...
Still has the MCD shades - they're just all the way up. Now I see what shelf and storage you're talking about.

Looks like they did narrow the storage on the side of the beds (excuse the messy bed - we're prepping for our next trip and things are all over ).

Old 12-24-2022, 08:16 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

No seatbelts on couch!

I just realized that another change for 2023 is that they took away the seatbelts on the couch! Not really happy with this as I was hoping my wife/kids could use these seats while traveling. I'm going to look at installing some anchored to the floor. If anyone with an earlier year (or any motorhome) could snap a photo of how the seatbelts are anchored to the floor I'd really appreciate it.

Merry Christmas all!
Old 12-24-2022, 08:37 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I just realized that another change for 2023 is that they took away the seatbelts on the couch! Not really happy with this as I was hoping my wife/kids could use these seats while traveling. I'm going to look at installing some anchored to the floor. If anyone with an earlier year (or any motorhome) could snap a photo of how the seatbelts are anchored to the floor I'd really appreciate it.

Merry Christmas all!

I have pictures of everything in my RV except for that

We use those seatbelts all the time. What I never understood is why the Dinette bench closes to Co Captain chair only has one seat belt, while the opposite bench has two?

On changes, your MBR TV is in the middle of cabinetry while our is on the corner. FWIW this is where I did a mod where I connected a heavy duty appliance cord to that TV receptacle and ran to my fridge so we can run the fridge off the 1000 watt inverter. So I can now run Propane or Electric as needed. We seldom ever use propane now, but it is huge benefit when we must use it.
Old 03-20-2023, 11:09 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Red face 2023 Vista/Sunstar questions

I've never posted on a forum before...please excuse my inexperience!

We are also from the San Diego area! Wondering if you're still enjoying your new motorhome? We would like to tow our Jeep Cherokee 4 wheels down with it. Hoping not to have the white knuckle effect that we often have when towing it with our Winnebago Outlook 31C. Have you towed your Jeep with it? Has it worked out well? I appreciate any input from 2023 Vista/Sunstar 29 owners. Thanks!
Bachs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 08:38 AM   #15
Winnebago Watcher

29v and flat towing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachs Mom View Post

We are also from the San Diego area! Wondering if you're still enjoying your new motorhome? We would like to tow our Jeep Cherokee 4 wheels down with it. Hoping not to have the white knuckle effect that we often have when towing it with our Winnebago Outlook 31C. Have you towed your Jeep with it? Has it worked out well? I appreciate any input from 2023 Vista/Sunstar 29 owners. Thanks!
We flat tow a 2018 jeep grand Cherokee behind our 2023 vista 29v with no problems
rkanatzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 10:44 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Quote:

We tow a much heavier Wrangler JL Unlimited, and while I know it's back there - very doable. My mileage drops .5-1 MPG,is and my hill climbs are a bit slower as is everything else - acceleration, braking, etc. White knuckle, nah, BUT I do get a bit of tail wagging the dog, BUT it's physics and very easy to drive one-handed with a few upgrades I've done over time.

The ability to drive after you set up camp is great.
Old 05-12-2023, 11:26 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Quote:

We really love our 2023 Vista 29v. The perfect size for us. We tow our Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR and it's towed fine. We did slow down to 35 mph coming out of Borrego Springs going up Montezuma grade but that's just the reality of towing with a gasser.

Never white knuckle for us except for when we brought it home from Iowa. We were trying to stay ahead of a blizzard and had huge cross-winds. That was not fun!
Old 05-12-2023, 11:52 AM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
We really love our 2023 Vista 29v. The perfect size for us. We tow our Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR and it's towed fine. We did slow down to 35 mph coming out of Borrego Springs going up Montezuma grade but that's just the reality of towing with a gasser.

Never white knuckle for us except for when we brought it home from Iowa. We were trying to stay ahead of a blizzard and had huge cross-winds. That was not fun!
Nice on the Montezuma grade - been up and down that quite a bit (I'm in O'side and grew up here riding dirt bikes and now that I've hung that up back to Jeeps .

If you see a Red JLU and a 29Ve - that'd be me.
Old 05-12-2023, 09:21 PM   #19
Winnebago Master

I just started towing a 6,100 lb Lincoln Navigator. I can't feel it back there with our 2019 29ve. I have yet to pull it over a mountain, but doubt I ever will. I don't need a towed in the sense most use toads because we drive the RV everywhere. But there are times when I may wish to drive somewhere and want the Navigator, but I tow it just to stay in RV. I know it is backwards, but that is what we do and thus far it has been perfect. I have RVi 3 braking system.

Tags
winnebago