Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-20-2020, 04:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New 2020 Porto 24F question

I'm getting a new 2020 Porto 24F with the older 5 speed chassis. My first time to even be in an RV.

I know I want to improve the air circulation with a new fan(s).
I would prefer to put a new reversible fan in the middle of the coach, where the unpowered vent is and leave the existing fans be. Is that a good idea or even feasible? Better to replace one or both of the original fans and leave the vent alone?

Any must-haves I need to consider doing to the RV before I take it out, especially in terms of driving and the ride?

I'm going to be driving across the country a lot on I-80 so mountains, winds and trucks are in my future. I would consider a diesel generator for convenience, but I haven't justified the extra cost.

Thanks for any advice!
enmartin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 08:42 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

For fan use, we like to just run one fan on exhaust and let the air come in windows when we can, so location of the fan is not as critical as it might seem because we control which way the air moves by which window is open. If there is rain and we want to move air, we have one vent which is shielded from rain and let air come in that way and out the other vent which is powered.
The downside that I see as possible for changing from unpowered to powered is getting power from some point to the new fan. If there is a light somewhat close, it is not unusual to run a wire the shorter distance through the ceiling to power the fan as many lights are fused high enough and the newer LED draws such low power that tying a fan in is not problem on over doing the fuse and wire size. Something to think about before deciding also look at how that light is switched to avoid problems with having to leave the light on to get the fan to work!!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 10:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

That makes sense.
Thanks
enmartin1 is offline   Reply With Quote