Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2022, 09:22 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

NEED STORAGE DIMENSIONS-2014 Tour 42QD

G'day,

Bought this new/used RV, but failed to measure how much "clearance/room" we have in the large pull out storage beneath the RV. (RV is 150 miles away, pick it up on the 18th)
This is the "pull out tray" ...How "tall" is it from the bottom of the tray to the lip of the door (trying to figure out what size bins will work in there)...i.e., I pull out the drawer, put the bin in, then close it, it HAS to clear the opening of the door frame.

Thanks,
Charlie
flyski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 04:04 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Charlie, I know what you are asking for but my MH is not near me right now. However, I use storage bins with covers on the top, now drawer slides. Drawer slides will not clear the pull-out lip in any direction and when the slide is all the way out, the bay doors will also keep a stacked drawer from opening to the side. If the bay doors were lift-up instead of side opening, then a stacked drawer would open to the side.

I'll be going to the MH in a few days and if I remember I'll take some measurements. (If I remember is the big part!)
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:35 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyski View Post
G'day,

Bought this new/used RV, but failed to measure how much "clearance/room" we have in the large pull out storage beneath the RV. (RV is 150 miles away, pick it up on the 18th)
This is the "pull out tray" ...How "tall" is it from the bottom of the tray to the lip of the door (trying to figure out what size bins will work in there)...i.e., I pull out the drawer, put the bin in, then close it, it HAS to clear the opening of the door frame.

Thanks,
Charlie
Welcome to the forum, Charlie. My coach front end is much like yours. I wouldn't go over 16" on the drivers side and 19" on the passengers side. You also have to take into consideration the door latch hanging down at the center where the left and right door meet. One other thought here. Your '14 uses a different slide system than mine. You may gain a bit more opening but I don't think it will make a difference. You also have storage under the floor deck. There is a 6" high by 26" deep space the full length the compartment on both sides I think. You have equipment on board that my coach does not have so some of that space may be used.
You have a grand coach. Have fun and may you have many years of safe and fun travels.
Rick Y

Tags
storage