Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-02-2022, 10:42 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Need ideas for “Driver’s Table/Snack Tray”

We recently purchased a Vista 27N. We love it except that the driver doesn’t have anywhere to put a snack, sandwich…while driving. Has anyone found, created or built something for this situation? Attach a photo if you have. Thanks!
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 11:48 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Some may depend on which year you have but we found the same problem when we wanted to have several things like the TPMS and other "clutter" off the dash but handy to reach.
My solution was to build a small box of the right size to fit the space and still let the chair swivel. The steering wheel was still a problem but the box worked very well. I just set the box in place, pressed to the dash and did not fasten it as it would have made access to the fuse panel under the dash even harder, so wanted to be able to lift itout if needed and it stays very well for several years.

A simple plywood box covered with material to match the other decor items and added a pair of cupholders into the top lid. One forsmall parts like keys, etc that I want to dump off when at a site and the other for the cup for while driving! With wanting it to be just below my arm height, I hinged the lid to let us use the space below for lots of small stuff like the electric heater and thermostat and a small fan we carried.
It gave me a place for things which I might find I needed as I drove, like sunglassses which are not always needed but if one turns the wrong way on the road, they are pretty important ---if you can get to them without stopping!

Sorry, no pictures but that would depend on what space you have. One point that you might want to keep is that I wanted the lid to be dropped down into the outer frame an inch so that things laid on top stayed rather than sliding to the edge and off. I just wrapped and stapled the cover of material and did not finsh the inside except for paint.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 04:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Here is a link to a table that might work for you. A friend of mine installed one and it looks good.
https://dragonfly2.godaddysites.com/...-for-motorhome
Lakejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 06:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks. This is a huge improvement just because of the height.
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 09:14 AM   #5
Eck
Winnebago Camper

I went to Wally World and purchased the Mainstays 26" Adjustable Height Personal Folding Table, Black for $23.88 plus tax.

I store this table behind the couch, but I have stored it many times along side the drivers seat under the window, with the legs of the table facing the dash board. It just fits!

I also bought another one just like it to set up in front of the couch for those times if/when needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5b45cfe9-0a34-4a98-bb85-6110ad896146_1.94d035fd5cdeb8b3f6e41d95cdd692f0.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	182125  
Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 10:30 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

This constraint drove me nuts Winnebago was no help so I called the Mfg directly who makes the pedestal supports for Winnebago. They had discontinued the size I needed; but was wiling to take a special order for one. They gave me the part number I needed and I got lucking searching on the web. My wife has added a wooden tray table on top of it that had sides so that a plate or other loose items will not slide off the table when moving. We have removable bungee straps that hold the nice cherry made wooden tray table when in motion.

Note: The table pictured is OEM table for 2019 Sunstar 29VE, but the pedestal is a lot shorter; so it is not in the way and perfect height for drinks and snacks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210721_202843.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	182126   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210721_202927.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	182127  

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver