Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-05-2019, 06:33 AM   #1

Need Good Mail Forwarding Service

Dear Wife and I are hitting the road for a few months and need a good mail forwarding service.

We would appreciate recommendations from those who have used a reliable mail forwarding service for months and/or years.
SteveD49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:09 AM   #2
Site Team

I'm not using mail forwarding (we have someone that gets the mail) but I did setup an account on the USPS Informed Delivery. Each morning I get an email with a scan of the front of the mail that is being delivered that day. It doesn't tell us what is in the envelope, but does at least tell us that there is something there. Best of all it's free to sign up.

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/bo...o/start.action
Old 06-05-2019, 07:40 AM   #3

So glad to learn about this USPS service! "Free" is the best price. I am aware of Good Sam mail forwarding service that costs about $200 a year, plus other associated charges for opening and/or forwarding mail. Do not want to be associated with Good Sam Enterprises, which owns Camping World, for a variety of reasons.

Thanks for sending this USPS option!
Old 06-05-2019, 09:04 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

We've been using Americas Mailbox in Box Elder, SD (near Rapid City) for 5 years - great service! Provides the option of establishing residency and registering vehicles. Questions welcomed ...
Old 06-06-2019, 04:15 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

We use the Escapees Mail Seravice and have for 20+ years. Never an error on their part.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:58 AM   #6

Escapees Mail Service looks like it will meet my needs.
Thanks to everyone for their recommendations.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:26 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Forwarding

We use and love USPS forwarding. We get the package every week. It is not the cheapest,but everything can be done online and it works.
marcusf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:59 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to Yoders2Go
We've been using the UPS Store for five years now. When we know where we will be for a few days, we call see if there is anything besides junkmail (which they will trash if asked). If there is enough to warrant mailing, we give the address, they have a card on file (but we can change it over the phone) and they ship at our desired speed.
Yoders2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:16 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusf View Post
We use and love USPS forwarding. We get the package every week. It is not the cheapest,but everything can be done online and it works.
Does that work when you move every week or two to a new location?

If you go to one place and stay for a few months, the free USPS mail forwarding works fine as well.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:23 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

We travel for 4-9 months of the year. We use the USPS free mail forwarding service to forward our mail to Escapees and then every month or so have Escapees send our mail to wherever we happen to be.

BTW, for the last 20 years or more, we have almost NO important mail come to us via USPS. Every thing we can, is done online. Those companies who insist on using snail mail can just wait for 4-6 weeks for us to get their mail. Usually that is a medical bill they are sending that should have been sent to our secondary insurance anyways.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:37 PM   #11

Most of our business is done on the Internet, too, but we get occasional important snail mail. With all the great options offered above, we are comfortable that we can manage our mail on our upcoming Great Adventure.

Thanks to all for your posts. Safe travels!
Old 03-11-2020, 12:53 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Yeah. I attempted to use Good Sam roadside assistance on three different occasions, and in every case they found a loophole allowing them to just leave me stranded.
golden13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 01:29 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

I think this may be out of business now, but years ago there was a service down in Oregon (Tillamook???) that would scan the outside of your envelopes and email them to you. You would then select whether to have them open and scan them or shred them. Might be worth a search to see if they still exist.
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 04:18 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

The USPS will now scan your mail for you every day, for free. It's called "Informed Delivery" and you can sign up online.
Old 03-11-2020, 05:10 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden13 View Post
The USPS will now scan your mail for you every day, for free. It's called "Informed Delivery" and you can sign up online.
But that doesn't allow you to see the contents, and it doesn't always show every item.
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 08:38 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike View Post
But that doesn't allow you to see the contents, and it doesn't always show every item.
Also when you have your mail forwarded, the vast majority of your mail is not scanned. I only see images of mail that originated locally. I think this is because the USPS mail forwarding service captures and diverts the mail that is forwarded at near the point of origin and routes it to the mail forwarding address.
Old 09-11-2020, 07:02 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Sorry, I know this is an old thread now. Does anyone know of a mail service that can provide an address near Fitchburg, WI or Madison, WI? I'm very much wanting to keep my current DL, pharmacy, etc.
Old 09-11-2020, 07:20 PM   #18
Winnie-Wise

Maybe UPS store.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service