Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-18-2020, 05:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Navion 2014 leaking cockpit lights

Hello
I am new to this site. I have a 2014 Navion Itasca. Last year first year owned I had slight leaking from the lights overhead in the cockpit. When I asked the prev owner about leaks I was assured no leaks. This year no leaks initially but on my first trip out lots of water coming out of the lights. The folks at Linchtkinns thought it was coming from the awning into the overhang and seeping through the lights. I’ve done a Cauking and am trying to dry out the cab over. Funny thing, it has been extremely dry in VT this year. I’m thinking about the running lights too. Any help will be appreciated
M
Mward553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 06:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Sealing and oil changes are the two things we need to keep up on! Rv take such a beating that sealing is almost a full time job. We have all these holes and seams and we drag them around so there are tons of things trying to move and break those seals.
So I do a lot of just trying to avoid leaks by looking at every hole in the outside. The tricky thing is that leak may be way up front but come out in the bedroom light in the back--- if it feels like it! So I occasionally take the ladder out and look at all the places light outside lights, antennas, vents and AC where there might be a gap. If I find a light that doesn't show good sealing around the outside edge, I may pull it off, put some caulk around the hole where the wire goes in and then stick the light on and add a bead of caulk around the edge of the whole thing.
No one special spot that is suspect, just all of them!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, light, lights