Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-18-2007, 06:59 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

I already contacted Winnebago Services. They told me if it is not on the build sheet then it isn't "missing".

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:15 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Live your life so that when you die, the Preacher will not have to tell lies about you at your funeral." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you are seeking a cash in hand kick back for an item not on the build sheet or invoice???

Oh My!!!!!!!!!

Full Time 2003 Journey DL
CaptChet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:28 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

I am trying to get people to advertise truthfully. If you tell me something is standard equipment, then it should be delivered or at least explained. Doesn't honesty in advertising mean anything? If they tell you that you have a 10 gallon water heater but really only install a 6 gallon, is that OK?

Old 11-18-2007, 08:41 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wthomas1:
I already contacted Winnebago Services. They told me if it is not on the build sheet then it isn't "missing". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who did you talk to?

Did you ask if there was anything Winnebago could do to help you out with this this situation?

Maybe they could supply the parts needed and you provide installation?

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:53 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

The service center sounded pretty nonchalant about the whole thing. I have been trying to find out if any other Destination owners have the keyless entry as standard equipment. So far I haven't found any with it. I believe Winnebago probably decided to drop it as standard equipment after the brochures were printed.

A lot of people seem to think I am trying to get something for nothing.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:01 AM   #26
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wthomas1:
I am trying to get people to advertise truthfully. If you tell me something is standard equipment, then it should be delivered or at least explained. Doesn't honesty in advertising mean anything? If they tell you that you have a 10 gallon water heater but really only install a 6 gallon, is that OK? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is why they put a Window Sticker and Build Sheet on the coaches. They list exactly what the current model that you are purchasing has as current standard and optional equipment. The Sticker and Build Sheet are where full disclosure of any interim changes are made.

If the Window Sticker or Build Sheet advertised that keyless was a standard option when they built your coach then that would be false advertising.

We all know that most Brochures come with the following type of disclaimer:

"Not all items available in combination. See dealer for details.
Winnebago Industries' continuing program of product improvement makes specifications,
equipment, model availability, and prices subject to change without notice. Comparisons
to other motor homes are based on the most recent information available at printing."

When I shop for a car, truck or motorhome I know to ask if any feature I was interested from those listed in the brochure, that was most likely conceived over a year ago, are still being offered. I will usually look at the sticker or build sheet first and then ask if I don't find it.

If they did not list it as currently being offered or include on the sticker or build sheet then they (Winnebago) did not misrepresent anything to you. If the dealer or salesman did then that is another matter and you have a issue with the dealership not the manufacturer.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:29 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

Wthomas1, I am wrong most of the time so if I am not telling you the right thing forgive me..

BUT, I think if you look somewhere in the Winnie literature, you will find a disclaimer that specs can change at any time. I have seen it on some of their literature.

Just where did you see that it had keyless entry? I am sorry you did not get the feature , but they are not going to give you a rebate on something that was not included in the purchase price..If you paid for it then by all means feel disgruntled. Just because it is mentioned in some brochure does not mean that it will be on a given coach. Good Luck and keep smiling.
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:38 AM   #28
Winnebago Master

Brochure disclaimer.......

Not all items available in combination. See dealer for details.

Winnebago Industries' continuing program of product improvement makes specifications,
equipment, model availability, and prices subject to change without notice.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:43 AM   #29
Winnie-Wise

I am going to try and explain my logic one more time and then I am going to be silent on this issue.

It seems to be the opinion of some people that you don't pay for "standard equipment". Using this logic, the manufacturer can eliminate any standard equipment that they want to without a resulting drop in MSRP. It is my contention that the base MSRP covers the cost of all standard equipment.

My brochure also says that "CB Wire Prep" and "Satellite Ready" are standard equipment. If I discover that neither one is true and it is not on the build sheets am I out of luck? How many standard items can they eliminate witout disclosure?

Can anyone on this forum honestly say they checked their coach to see if EVERY piece of standard equipment was installed before buying?

Old 11-19-2007, 07:01 PM   #30
Winnebago Master

I am going to try and explain my logic one more time and then I am going to be silent on this issue.

It seems to be the opinion of some people that you don't pay for "standard equipment". Using this logic, the manufacturer can eliminate any standard equipment that they want to without a resulting drop in MSRP. It is my contention that the base MSRP covers the cost of all standard equipment.

My brochure also says that "CB Wire Prep" and "Satellite Ready" are standard equipment. If I discover that neither one is true and it is not on the build sheets am I out of luck? How many standard items can they eliminate witout disclosure?

Can anyone on this forum honestly say they checked their coach to see if EVERY piece of standard equipment was installed before buying? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I check everything and include my children in performing the task.

I also compare the brochure to the window sticker and build sheet. I write Quality Assurance software for a living and used to run a QA department. Circle and Slash is part of that QA process that I practice in my daily occupation. Circle everything on the brochure that you want to verify and put a slash or check mark in the ones that do check out and a big X in those that don't. I use them as bargaining points while working out the "out the door" price that I would be willing to pay.

Customer surveys and opinion polls are usually the driving force behind these changes. When more people are asking for an entry door awning as standard equipment then for keyless entry what is a manufacturere going to do? Add the awning and raise the price? No they are going to take the money from the feature people don't seem to want and use it to provide the one they do want.

What would you have them do? Continually add extra cost by adding standard features that people want without taking away those that they don't? Build into the price of every coach the extra cost of reprinting brochures and blanket advertising compains every time there is an incremental change? Would you want to pay for all that? I know I don't. The disclosure of the window sticker and build sheet works just fine.

Anyways, who pays MSRP? If I don't get 15% to 20% below that I walk away from the deal.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:00 PM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Please tell us, what kind of cheese would you like with your whine? Manufacturers can, and do, make changes to their vehicles and they don't have to give you a rebate for equipment that wasn't there in the first place.

Move on in your life and stop the sniveling.
skipsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #32
Winnie-Wise

Sorry I offended you. I will no longer post on this message board so you won't have to be offended anymore. Hopw this makes you happy.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:47 PM   #33
Winnebago Owner

You are not missing much with the keyless locking. In the first year my Vectra had 117 "problems". The remote cargo and door locks were #'s 9,22, 43, 67 and 99. They should have been 118 but the dealers could not get them to work right longer than a month. They still don't work today and iy's 50-50 wheather the interior electric lock will actually lock the door.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:07 PM   #34
Winnebago Owner

To me I would not want the locks. The more gadgets, the more maintence. The older the unit gets, the more gadgets that are going to fail.

I guess if you get a new one every couple of years it wouldn't be to bad. One year to get all the bugs out, and a couple of years before you start the cycle over again.

It is like the power lock on our van. We keep vehicles for years, and sure enough the elcctric locks quit. Too juch money to fix it, so we unlock with key. To me it is no big deal. Oh some of the power locks for the doors quit too.

1999-2008 traded in Suncruiser 90,000 miles
Jeeperrmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:32 PM   #35
Winnebago Camper

Let me tell you a story about something that should been there but was not.

I was vacuuming the RV, around the bed and noted that there was molding or trim that was on the back corner of the bed, but it is not on the front corner. It must be missing. Add this to the list of things to be fixed, well after 6 weeks in the shop and all the repairs were completed, I looked at the front molding and the molding was there. Good, a done deal.
Back to vacuuming the RV, (it needs to done) and around the bed, what do I see? The molding was missing off the back corner. Look at the front there it is. All they did move was move the back to the front. Now I was really mad. I went to the RV repair shop and told them. They said they replaced it but how can it be missing. He said he'd look into it. But he had no answer. If someone replaced it they did not have any extra molding in stock and how they could have replaced the molding. It took a month to get the 16" piece of molding. So they lost a customer over a $2.50 16" piece of plastic molding. I have not been back to them. I will go 90 miles to get it fixed if I can not do it myself.
unclesmirf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:22 PM   #36
Winnie-Wise

Can anyone on this forum honestly say they checked their coach to see if EVERY piece of standard equipment was installed before buying? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes I can. PDI guy and I went through to check that each item on the build sheet was there, I had already compared the build sheet to the brochure.

Wayne I don't think anyone is trying to chase you off, however as a buyer we are all aware of the disclaimer that is on the brochures. Changes happen, prices rise and manufacture needs to make decisions to control costs, or quality issues arise and it makes more sense to get rid of an item then having problems with it.

Sorry we didn't all take your side, as that seems to be what you wanted, but in this case I think most of us can see the other side.

Happy Camping.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:33 AM   #37
Winnebago Master

Sorry I offended you. I will no longer post on this message board so you won't have to be offended anymore. Hopw this makes you happy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wayne,

You seem to be the only one that has been offended. You asked a question in a public forum and people gave you their honest answers. Your entire issue was your perception of being lied to however since we told you how we truethfully felt you are now taking afront.

Would you have preferred that we had all lied to you instead? I don't think so as you seem to very much be an honest person.

Things are not as sinister as you seem to believe here. Nobody is trying to chase you off and your presence is always appreciated.

Please reconsider.

Kindest regards,
Old 11-21-2007, 02:39 AM   #38
Winnebago Master

Wthomas1., we have given you the answers as we know them. It is always my intention to be as helpful as possible. But as a retired business man, I know how to determine if I have been wronged.

Evidently, it was not on your build sheet and therefore you did not pay for it. You can read anything in print and many times its just not true...Don't be offended by honest answers..Looking forward to seeing you on the forum again...A Happy Thanksgiving to all
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:35 AM   #39
Winnie-Wise

I was not offended by honest opinions or people who disagree with me on the issue. I posted my question so as to get others ideas and opinions.

Based on the majority of opinions, I have decided not to pursue the issue any further.

My offense is to those who attacked me personally and offered no opinion on the issue itself. I don't know how these messages are posted as to sequence, but appearently some of you missed the personal attacks.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:20 AM   #40
Winnie-Wise

Hi Wayne, Glad to see we haven't lost you. I thought some of the responses were less than the normal professional help we get on IRV2.

Let's move on as this thread is getting all of us nowhere.

Best wishes to all my IRV2 cyber friends. Go do a line of turkey and be happy.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote