Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-24-2020, 06:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

low wattage lights

We have a 2018 Winnie Fuse and the bedroom slide has both 12 volt plugin and usb power slots on both sides of the bed. There are also lights below the cabinets above the head of the bed and a main light in the bedroom itself. There is plenty of good strong light.

What we do not have is a low wattage light source like a night light and my wife asked me to look for some way to plug in a low wattage (3 or 5 watts) light source. I don't want to replace the built-in LEDs since they provide good light when it is needed so I started looking for some low wattage light sources for either the 12 volt power outlet or the usb outlets, but could not find anything on Amazon that would fit.

I thought that perhaps someone here might know where such low watt light bulbs/sources might be available. They would need to either plug into the 12 volt power source (the old "cigarette lighter" outlets) or the usb outlet.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:33 AM   #2
Site Team

I've got a little USB light that I can use on my computer. Not sure it's intended for a night light but it would suit the purpose, I guess.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...-light---black
Old 01-24-2020, 07:59 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomB View Post
I've got a little USB light that I can use on my computer. Not sure it's intended for a night light but it would suit the purpose, I guess.

Thank you. I had not thought about using a computer light and will take a look.

I do worry that the light might be brighter than my wife would like. I am pretty sure she just wants a "night light" so that she does not run into things when heading to the bathroom at night when we are boondocking and there is no outside light.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:20 AM   #4
Site Team

what about something like this. Yes, it plugs in to 120v (assuming your ever on that), but it's got a rechargable battery and a motion sensor so not always on? https://www.amazon.com/Sensky-Rechar...9879135&sr=8-6
Old 01-24-2020, 08:41 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
what about something like this. Yes, it plugs in to 120v (assuming your ever on that), but it's got a rechargable battery and a motion sensor so not always on? https://www.amazon.com/Sensky-Rechar...9879135&sr=8-6
Thanks.

We do have an AC outlet for the TV, which would be unpowered when dry camping. I have posted a question on the Amazon website asking how strong the light is. We really want something that is like a 3 watt or 5 watt bulb but, of course, uses an LED.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:13 PM   #6
JCM
Winnebago Camper

Quote:

I have a similar one - great light with no problems.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:09 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I have LEDs in all fixtures so i just leave the bathroom shower light on at night with the door cracked a bit (or not cracked at all. The door doesn't fit flush at the bottom so there is usually enough light bleeding through). That provides enough light to see to get up and it's not too bright when I go into the bathroom. Power usage is negligible.
John Durden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights